Jump to content

Mary Hyde scoring anomoly?


Followers 3

Recommended Posts

We attended one on that date, too, but that was for the souvenir for that weekend.  Now for this first week of this game, supposedly one gets 10 points for attending any event from the 17-23.  I noticed that the time stamp when I logged was for tomorrow, so I went back and edited to reflect that we attended the event today.  Now with all the new changes in logging, I hesitate to delete the original log and relog to get the corrected date and the correct points.  This summer's game is maybe just too confusing for my simple mind!

Link to comment

Attending an event between July 17th and 23rd should result in 10 gold coins.  It sounds like a scoring 'bug'.

One thing you could try is deleting your "Attended" log and re-logging it, via the website, with the 7/23 date selected when you submit the log.

If that doesn't work, then you could contact Groundspeak via their Help Center - or maybe a Lackey will see your thread here and respond tomorrow (since it's currently the weekend).

 

 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Trekkin' and birdin' said:

Thanks, that's what I was figuring.  Why in the world did it give me seven points, then?  Maybe next week that's all people will get for events?  Who knows?

According the Mary Hyde FAQ: Attending an event in the 2nd week will award 7 points.

 

Week 2: July 24-30, 2017

  • Find and log a geocache* = 5 gold coins.
  • Find and log a geocache with 10 or more Favorite points = 7 gold coins.
  • Attend and log an event cache = 7 gold coins.
  • Retrieve a trackable from a cache = 5 gold coins.
  • Drop a trackable into a cache = 10 gold coins.

 

According to that FAQ, the 2nd week's requirement is to individually earn 10 gold coins.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, noncentric said:

According the Mary Hyde FAQ: Attending an event in the 2nd week will award 7 points.

 

Week 2: July 24-30, 2017

  • Find and log a geocache* = 5 gold coins.
  • Find and log a geocache with 10 or more Favorite points = 7 gold coins.
  • Attend and log an event cache = 7 gold coins.
  • Retrieve a trackable from a cache = 5 gold coins.
  • Drop a trackable into a cache = 10 gold coins.

 

According to that FAQ, the 2nd week's requirement is to individually earn 10 gold coins.

Thanks for the help.

Link to comment

Something is not working right unless I'm missing something.

I found 63 in total caches on Fri/Sat/Sunday. 37 of these have 10 or more favorites. That should be 315 points for the caches and 370 for the favorites totaling 685. I had 505 points awarded, one of my friends found 1 cache for 5 points. Something looks off.

BTW, not seen a souvenir so far (not that I want one as it's "just awarded" and it requires no effort).

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Something is not working right unless I'm missing something.

I found 63 in total caches on Fri/Sat/Sunday. 37 of these have 10 or more favorites. That should be 315 points for the caches and 370 for the favorites totaling 685. I had 505 points awarded, one of my friends found 1 cache for 5 points. Something looks off.

I'm pretty sure that you get either 5 or 10 points for finding a cache.  If the cache has less than 10 fave points, then you get 5 points.  If 10+ fave points then you get 10 points (not 5 + 10).

That would mean you'd get 37*10 + 26*5 = 500 points.  Still off, but just by 5.  Are you sure it wasn't 38 caches with 10+ fave points and 25 with less than 10?

 

4 minutes ago, on4bam said:

BTW, not seen a souvenir so far (not that I want one as it's "just awarded" and it requires no effort).

Souvenirs are awarded the Wednesday after each week the challenge ends. We will send an email to you if you were awarded the souvenir. It will appear under the souvenir tab on your profile. For example we’ll send the email for the souvenir with the first map piece on Wednesday, July 26 (UTC).

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, on4bam said:

Something is not working right unless I'm missing something.

I found 63 in total caches on Fri/Sat/Sunday. 37 of these have 10 or more favorites. That should be 315 points for the caches and 370 for the favorites totaling 685. I had 505 points awarded, one of my friends found 1 cache for 5 points. Something looks off.

BTW, not seen a souvenir so far (not that I want one as it's "just awarded" and it requires no effort).

 

I don't think you get to double dip on the favorite caches.  You get 10 points each for the 37 with 10 favorites, and you get 5 points each for the others.

37*10 = 370

26*5 = 130

Total is 500.  

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, noncentric said:

I'm pretty sure that you get either 5 or 10 points for finding a cache.  If the cache has less than 10 fave points, then you get 5 points.  If 10+ fave points then you get 10 points (not 5 + 10).

That would mean you'd get 37*10 + 26*5 = 500 points.  Still off, but just by 5.  Are you sure it wasn't 38 caches with 10+ fave points and 25 with less than 10?

 

Souvenirs are awarded the Wednesday after each week the challenge ends. We will send an email to you if you were awarded the souvenir. It will appear under the souvenir tab on your profile. For example we’ll send the email for the souvenir with the first map piece on Wednesday, July 26 (UTC).

Might well be..

The 5 point difference is one cacher on my friends list who found 1 cache ;)

As for the souvenir, don't care about that, I don't let souvenirs decide where/what to go find B)

 

 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Followers 3
×
×
  • Create New...