What happened???????

TeamWhiteWolf

OK...perhaps it is just me but I reduced my geocaching for a short time...well a couple years due to us having our son and then a divorce.  Here I am trying to get my girlfriend involved and discovered that everything in terms of downloading ease went to hell.  My pocket quiries that used to work don't.  I made some new ones and that is out the window for usability.  I went back to the tried and true, download to gps and that is crap. 

Then I discovered the new garmin express....yeah...nothing to express about that.  I am ready to cancel my account, pull my caches and say screw it.  What happened?  It used to be fast and easy to get cache points downloaded and now it seems to be a major project. 

I live in and cache in the desert.  So that handy app for your phone doesn't help when there is no signal.  What do you all do?  Moose you around???  If you are please reach out to me and help me get back into an enjoyable time

Hi TeamWhiteWolf

welcome back to the game. A lot has changed since you have been away. What is the gpsr that you have, I have the Oregon 450 and the 700. I used to use the "download to gps" but at some time garmin changed something and it didnt work for me anymore. Try downloading the gpx-files to the computer and then transfer them to your gpsr.

My pocket quiries that used to work don't.  I made some new ones and that is out the window for usability.

There isn't  enough info here to help,  what's the issue? ~ nothing much has changed about Pocket Queries.

Can't  get any results? or you get results but can't load them?

I've mostly always cached by creating Pocket Queries, downloading to a computer - I generally fiddle with them in GSAK, filtering out some stuff, but it isn't necessary. Once you've downloaded to a computer, you attach your gps to the same computer, then drag PQ gpx into the Garmin gpx file.  

Also, you can load PQs to a phone, I believe they call them "lists",  use the phone like a gps. It doesn't need cell signal once the caches are loaded to it ( though I live Florida,  I don't have cell signal in many areas where I cache, so i know). The phone will work as gp, sans cell signal 

Lynn still caches, (I'm assuming Moose Mob) just hid a new cache ~ you can likely reach him through the site.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, TeamWhiteWolf said:

I live in and cache in the desert.  So that handy app for your phone doesn't help when there is no signal.  What do you all do?  Moose you around???  If you are please reach out to me and help me get back into an enjoyable time

Pqs are still working.  Many seem to do the gpx files to pc thing now too.

I'm still loading caches manually to a GPSr, and if only averaging six or less each trip, that doesn't seem  too tough (for me) to do.   :)

- More, I just add a couple a day until all intended are included.  Hints and such are on a notepad...