Help?

baggins52

The 'Send to GPS' button has been very sporadic for a long while.

As a Premium Member, you could use Pocket Queries to load multiple (up to 1000) caches at time.  Are you familiar with Pocket Queries?  You can create PQ's based on specific filters/locations or you can create PQ's based on Bookmark Lists.

If you don't want to bother with Pocket Queries, then you could download individual caches via the "GPX file" button on each cache page.  Click that button, save the resulting file, then transfer that file from your computer (probably in the Downloads folder) to your GPSr ('Geocache' folder).

Hope that helps. If not, then please ask.

Pocket queries are zipped file containing information on a number of caches.  Essentially, you need to copy the .GPX to the Geocaches folder of your Magellan.  If you want to add the additional waypoints, copy any .WPT file in the Waypoints folder.   

Using the GPX button on the cache page allows you to select the appropriate Geocaches folder and save the file directly to your Magellan - it does manually what the communicator used to do behind the scene.

There are various third party software that can help you transfer files - many people use GSAK with windows.   I do it by exporting gpx files from my iPhone to my gpsr - but the basic step of copying a file to your Magellan should be a simple process - just make sure you do not have so many individual files on your gpsr that they exceed what your unit can handle.

Edited by geodarts