Bookmark list shenanigans - public + not shared = hidden

hzoi

Uncovered this when discussing ways to track FTFs.  I have a bookmark list for our FTFs, which I apparently set to make public but not to share.  (I know, it doesn't make sense, but somehow that's how it ended up getting set.)

Somehow this has made it a ghost in the machine.  I can see it on cache pages, but only under "My bookmark lists," not under the main list of public bookmarks.  I can't see it on my list of public bookmark lists in my profile view.  On the new bookmark list page, it is listed as "Private."  And I tested with my sock and confirmed that other cachers can't view it -- even using the direct link, all I see is, "The owner of this list has set it to private."

And yet...somehow project-gc.com has access to it, as that's the list I've set for FTFs, and that site is still apparently able to access it.

Bug or feature?

I'm going to say it was a bug. My toggling things on and off I got it to consistently indicate its status, but it was definitely behaving oddly before I started doing that. Please let us know if you see this pop up again so we can try to track down a cause. For now I'm hoping that it was just a temporary hiccup.