Blocked when using Private Internet Access VPN

hyliston

I use Private Internet Access (https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/) as a VPN to block my ISP from sniffing information about me and selling it to advertisers.  However, when I visit geocaching.com (and only geocaching.com), I often see this message when visiting a page:

403.6 - Forbidden
IP address of the client has been rejected.
The requested page can not be accessed via anonymous proxies.

Why is that?  I don't see it on any other site I use, including my bank and many e-stores.  I realize it's an easy way to block some DOS attacks, but as VPNs become more common, it's going to become more of a problem for you.  There are certainly less brute-force ways to protect your site.  I'd like to hear about your plans to get rid of this archaic protection method.

• Upvote 1

I am happy to hear this is being worked on as well. This issue started for me around the July 1st and I can do very little on GC. com anymore on my work pc whether I'm at work or just using it over the weekend at home. It has been a real drag to have to log everything from my phone. I can't create logs on caches or trackables nor can I edit logs. I can still do some things like create new logs from drafts and I also can create a new cache page and edit it but I will be very happy if this gets fixed.  I'm glad I'm not the only one having this issue.