Garmin 64S Route Pocket Query

I am sorry if this is out there already. I did search and nothing seems to answer my question. 

So I am planning a road trip from KY to Florida and wanted to have places along the way to stop and stretch and Geocache. So I did the whole map your route thing via the Geocaching website. I saved my route and named it and then I sent it to my email. I tried 2 ways of loading it to my Garmin. The first was too confusing and couldn't get past the download link part in my email that was sent to me. The second way I tried was dragging the GPX files to the actual Garmin itself. So now that is done, I am lost. I also recently took a trip to the Indianapolis Zoo and had done a route for it, but when we tried stopping a couple times along the way, when filling up for gas, rest stops, etc, I turned on my Garmin and was not able to figure out how to get a cache to come up. I know there were caches, because I actually pulled up the app on my cell phone and there were some around, but I want to use my Garmin in case we have to go where I have no cell phone coverage. Can someone please help me figure out why I can't seem to pull up the caches on the Garmin 64S? I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Did you put the GPX files in the correct directory (x:/Garmin/GPX)?

Do you have any filters set up on your garmin?

Newer Garmin GPS don't show caches further away than 100/150 Km but you should be able to search "near xxx" or just scroll the map and zoom in. Check before leaving home if you can see the caches.

Lots of things to look at here...

I have only once used the "Caches along a Route" feature and it was long ago.  Are you sure it actually generated a GPX file with a lot of caches in it?  Maybe you only saved the Route file and not a file with geocaches in it.

The GPX files come to you Zipped when you download them.  Did you Un-zip them first before copying to your Garmin?

If you travel a significant distance with your GPS turned off and then turn it on, it can take 10-15 minutes sometimes for it to acquire the satellites and determine where you are. So if you stopped somewhere along the way and only gave it a couple minutes to see if there were geocaches nearby, it might have not been ready yet.  You can tell this by seeing a "?" on the map screen instead of the blue Garmin arrow.

If you do have geocaches loaded on the unit, the easiest way to search is to press the Find button, then select Geocaches from the list of choices.  Or just go the map screen and zoom out a bit.  The geocache and waypoint icons around you will show on the map once it knows where you are.

On 7/19/2017 at 0:55 PM, JohnCNA said:

If you do have geocaches loaded on the unit, the easiest way to search is to press the Find button, then select Geocaches from the list of choices.  Or just go the map screen and zoom out a bit.  The geocache and waypoint icons around you will show on the map once it knows where you are.

If this doesn't work I doubt they are on the unit. At the point where you say you saved the route and sent it to email I check to make a PQ of the route......it then is listed with you're other PQ's and you can load it as you do them.