"Buying a Premium Membership" with card error

cerberus1

I noticed some incorrect/outdated wording in a Help Center article, not the buying premium membership article, a while back and contacted GS through the Contact Us webform.  They updated the article and sent me a reply email relatively quickly afterwards.  It might be helpful to send your feedback that way.

I feel like there are a lot of things in the Help Center that aren't very helpful, mostly because some topics aren't covered at all, but hopefully that entire section of the site will get a rewrite.

43 minutes ago, noncentric said:

I noticed some incorrect/outdated wording in a Help Center article, not the buying premium membership article, a while back and contacted GS through the Contact Us webform.  They updated the article and sent me a reply email relatively quickly afterwards.  It might be helpful to send your feedback that way.

I feel like there are a lot of things in the Help Center that aren't very helpful, mostly because some topics aren't covered at all, but hopefully that entire section of the site will get a rewrite.

Not sure it would be...

There's a few people (I'm aware of...) here that use a pm card bought at the Groundspeak shop, instead of hassle with auto-renew.

I wanted to extend my pm, but was told I have to let my pm lapse (that one on a card too) , then enter the new one.

I'd think a continuing membership would be smoother...

I finally gave up trying to find things that I had locations memorized before that new format, instead now simply  giving new folks the area, thinking they might find it easier than me.

I'm not against change.  It'd be nice if it was for the betterment of whatever it was changing.    :)

Okay, it now says "upgrade" instead of renew on my profile.

It also won't accept the card again.  Still says it's invalid.

- So apparently there's no such thing as a smooth transition (remain pm with no errors) using a gift card.

Sheesh...

Edited to add... Luckily I didn't purchase one of these for a basic newbie.

Edited by cerberus1
addification
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, cerberus1 said:

There's a few people (I'm aware of...) here that use a pm card bought at the Groundspeak shop, instead of hassle with auto-renew.

I wanted to extend my pm, but was told I have to let my pm lapse (that one on a card too) , then enter the new one.

I'd think a continuing membership would be smoother...

After it wouldn't apply before my membership expiration date the past two years,  was told today that a member added a year using a card recently bought at shop Groundspeak.

It apparently did extend their membership by a year, before their date due was up.

Is that now correct ?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cerberus1 said:

After it wouldn't apply before my membership expiration date the past two years,  was told today that a member added a year using a card recently bought at shop Groundspeak.

It apparently did extend their membership by a year, before their date due was up.

Is that now correct ?

That's the way it's been working for me for the last few years.