"Friend League" scoring error

The Snowdog

Thanks for reporting this! Yes, unfortunately if a 'write note' is changed to a 'found it' log, this is not recognized by the Friend League since our system is not saving that data. You should however be able to edit the date/time on the website (website marks it as noon) and it should show up.

Or any caches in my case. I just checked and I found 8 caches last week (I know, big time cacher...) but it says I have 0 points. Oh well, I don't care much for this side quest; I'm not caching to earn souvenirs, but it would be nice if it worked. Maybe I forgot to "opt-in" to something. 

11 minutes ago, digimuzik said:

Or any caches in my case. I just checked and I found 8 caches last week (I know, big time cacher...) but it says I have 0 points. Oh well, I don't care much for this side quest; I'm not caching to earn souvenirs, but it would be nice if it worked. Maybe I forgot to "opt-in" to something. 

That's weird. Did you submit your logs for those caches before today?

1 hour ago, noncentric said:

That's weird. Did you submit your logs for those caches before today?

Yep; I had everything logged the same day I found them. I might be checking the wrong place. https://www.geocaching.com/play/friendleague?week=1 Just says my score is 0, and if I expand, it says "No activity for this week".  I never actually checked last week, but maybe I'll take another gander at this week's score after I get out and grab a cache or two after work today.

Edited by digimuzik
4 hours ago, digimuzik said:

Well, I'm getting points this week. Don't know what happened last week. But I guess I'm out of the game now.

If you fulfilled the requirements for week 1, then you're entitled to the souvenir and 'map piece'.  I'd suggest emailing the Help Center.  Go here and select option #6 (souvenirs) and let them know that you didn't get your week 1 souvenir. They should be able to help you.

5 hours ago, lodgebarn said:

I found an EC with 32 FPs on July 24th, logged as found on 25th, and my score is zero for the current week. Is this correct?

Did you initially log the EC with a "Write Note" and then change that WN log to a "Found It" log?

Did you save a draft log for the EC before noon (UTC) on Monday and then submit the "Found It' from that draft log?

If YES to either of these, then that could explain why your score for that cache didn't register. To fix it, you would need to delete your existing Found It log and submit a new one.

If NO to both of these, then it would seem there's a bug in the scoring for your account.

1 hour ago, noncentric said:

Did you initially log the EC with a "Write Note" and then change that WN log to a "Found It" log?

Did you save a draft log for the EC before noon (UTC) on Monday and then submit the "Found It' from that draft log?

If YES to either of these, then that could explain why your score for that cache didn't register. To fix it, you would need to delete your existing Found It log and submit a new one.

If NO to both of these, then it would seem there's a bug in the scoring for your account.

No to both of the questions. I logged the day after in one hit. However, it was using GSAK and the api so maybe that caused some oddities. I have now followed the recommended edit log approach and find myself with 10 points  (2 finds) instead of 7 (1 with FPs). No matter I am sure I can find a few more before the week is out to be sure :D

Edited by lodgebarn
On 7/26/2017 at 1:50 PM, digimuzik said:

Well, I'm getting points this week. Don't know what happened last week. But I guess I'm out of the game now.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:02 PM, noncentric said:

If you fulfilled the requirements for week 1, then you're entitled to the souvenir and 'map piece'.  I'd suggest emailing the Help Center.  Go here and select option #6 (souvenirs) and let them know that you didn't get your week 1 souvenir. They should be able to help you.

This. It took a few days, but my account had the same problem. My score shows 0 for week 1 but is fine for week 2. It's easy to see nothing strange about my logs, and the same actions got scores in week 2. They manually awarded the souvenir and now I'm hyped to get week 3 done as well :)

Yeah, I got the souvenir after an email... and now I don't have the souvenir for week 2, even though the points are showing up. I may just wait until it's all over to bug them again. 

I'm bloody and have a soaked and muddy shoe after today's caching adventure. WAY more rewarding than any fake pixels on my digital profile!

On 8/1/2017 at 6:40 PM, digimuzik said:

Yeah, I got the souvenir after an email... and now I don't have the souvenir for week 2, even though the points are showing up. I may just wait until it's all over to bug them again.

It looks like you got your Week 2 souvenir.  Just an FYI - but the souvenirs are awarded on Wednesdays, usually in the afternoon (PST). That's probably why you didn't see it when you posted yesterday.  Hopefully, you'll get your week 3 souvenir without any issues next week.  :)

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, tomturtle said:

None of the caches I logged today, with today's date (08/13/17) are showing up for me.  I really don't need the gold coins as I had enough already, but the newer ones are not showing up at the moment.

9 hours ago, FriendlyCarrot said:

My mum has the same problem. I logged mine earlier and they were fine, but she's just logged 2 caches (should be 26 points) and stills shows 0 and no activity. She's tried editing and saving again, but that didn't work.

11 hours ago, LTTeam said:

Today i logged 2 caches, but didn't recieved any gold coins for them . Does anyone other has the same problem?

A couple cachers noted problems with coins showing up in this other thread.  One of the cachers said the points had started rolling in later.