Release Notes (Geocaching Forums)- July 17, 2017

On 21/07/2017 at 9:56 PM, terratin said:

Firefox, currently 50.1.0 on Win10. And btw, I chose no notifications, and apparently I got one for posting in this thread, with an annoying 'thud' like sound. Hmpf...

You can disable the notifications entirely, as follows:

1. Enter about:config into the address bar, and if a warning appears, read it carefully before accepting

2. Search for the setting dom.webnotifications.enabled

3. Double click it and it will change to false.

As with any user modified setting it will change to bold. Reenabling notifications is a matter of changing it back to true but I won't be doing that.

Edited by and1969
4 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

I was trying to send an e-mail to a forum user X & Y.  I clicked on their profile on the left and got a 500 error message.  I had to resort to the much hated Mess_y Center.  But, I still cannot get to their profile page.

Noticed that as well.  Seems to be (so far...) only folks with "&" in their name.

25 minutes ago, cerberus1 said:
5 hours ago, Harry Dolphin said:

I was trying to send an e-mail to a forum user X & Y.  I clicked on their profile on the left and got a 500 error message.  I had to resort to the much hated Mess_y Center.  But, I still cannot get to their profile page.

Noticed that as well.  Seems to be (so far...) only folks with "&" in their name.

There's also an issue with at least one user that has a "+" in their username, although the issue doesn't happen with everyone.

Another issue with User Content  module : it ignores posts in the Waymarking & Wherigo forums and I think, but haven't checked very thoroughly, all posts in Geocache Types and Additional GPS Based Gameplay  Geocaching and.... , also Geocaching Discussions by Country sub forums.

Possibly a setting somewhere? 

Check the new Waymarking forum moderator wayfrog

He's got 3 posts, per the Waymarking forum software, but my player account sees nothing for content.

My player account Isonzo Karst has a recent post to Waymarking, but it doesn't show up on that first page of content.

Ranger Fox, his Wherigo forum posts are not included in his content

I'd expect to see some content in the Brazil forum from RuideAlmeida

Edited by palmetto
edit to add NOT ;-)

I see the pagination issue with View User content has been fixed, and the non-functional left nav bar stuff is now gone, thanks. 

No fix yet for seeing posts in only in some forums when asking for user content.

I notice the forum software picks up and uses id as number for some users, but no longer displays user number on hover (which I miss).

See this post by <"((((<(   - if you ask to get his profile from the forums, the form is

https://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=2414823

You can both get to his profile from these forums and get to his forum content from his Geocaching.com profile as the URLs generated use a number rather than the special characters. 

On 7/27/2017 at 6:12 PM, Hynz said:

Currently this new forum seems to only having a memory of 7 days witch is much to short. If eternal is not an option please set it to at least 6 months.

I stand corrected. All postings were marked read at the time of the change but since then (~6 weeks) the forum again remembers if I have read a thread. I hope this continues for the next months.