Weekly Emails from GC.com

I have not been receiving the weekly emails for sometime now. I have checked and my email is "primary" and "validated". I have also checked my spam folder and it is empty. I have had no problems prior to May with my server. So what's up? Does anyone else have the same problem? Solutions?

Got the weekly today but it hasn't been consistent. Just checked and see there was nothing last week. Got one on June 20 and 27 but nothing on the 13th. Like cerberus1 and niraD, i don't care for the format or the marketing that comes with it so it's not missed.

Make sure your email preferences are set to receive the Newsletter.

Site just added a new email unit there, and auto set it to "yes" ~ perhaps in doing that, some other preferences got altered?

Mentions

Send me a notification when someone mentions me in a log.

I've never seen this before, but it's there now, and it was checked.

I have everything checked to receive information.

3 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:
4 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

I never get those. I thought I understood how they work but apparently not.

Never got that either. How this works?

I believe it's via the markup code.  There is a user in our area who occasionally includes a tagged username in his logs. I don't recall ever seeing a notification, but I don't recall seeing a log in which I'm tagged. So, can't say from my experience if it works or not. 

9 hours ago, sloth96 said:

forgive me for not being clear.  I meant the mentions e-mails from the following option.

Mentions

Send me a notification when someone mentions me in a log.

It's for when someone tags you in a log, using the @<usermame> like @sloth96.  When someone hits the @ symbol in the log, a  list of friends will appear.  Have people been doing that?  You need to be friends with them in-game first, then they say in the log "Found with @sloth96 today" 

4 hours ago, on4bam said:

Although I see many logs saying "found with..." but have not yet seen a "found with @.........."

Hubby likes to do this to me...he tags me with the @ symbol in his log, my name shows up as a link to my profile in his log, and I do get an email that I was mentioned (<his username> mentioned you in a log, and the GC code. I'm not sure if I get the entire text of the log or just a link to the log and cache page)

You'll only get the email if you have that option selected in your preferences, AND you are tagged in a log with the @ symbol.

UPDATE: Found one of the emails: (It contains the full log, link to my profile, link to the cache page, I shortened the email text to show the pertinent info)

<Username> mentioned you in a log for Word for Word.

Log:
Find # 1788 @ 12:00. Caching with [@CAVinoGal](http://coord.info/PRNMGQM) on a nice break after Christmas. <snip>
Edited by CAVinoGal
Added info
6 hours ago, NanCycle said:

I've not received a weekly newsletter since January.  I checked out the settings and they are all correct.  I do get all the other emails that I would expect,  but the newsletters just abruptly stopped. 

I had that happen a couple of months ago. I'd been going to contact HQ but thought I'd just try unticking the newletter option then ticking it again. The next newsletter came through and I've been getting them again since.

3 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

I had that happen a couple of months ago. I'd been going to contact HQ but thought I'd just try unticking the newletter option then ticking it again. The next newsletter came through and I've been getting them again since.

I finally tried that also, will find out next week if it worked.  Obviously I don't really care a whole lot.

16 hours ago, sloth96 said:

Is the at cachername only something that works on the website?  also can one only do it for friends?

I'm not sure if it would work on the app. Edit: It doesn't seem to work on the geocaching app, or at least the IOS version.

Yes, you can only do it for friends through geocaching.com.

Edited by TmdAndGG