pocket query failed

gcstraggler

Ran a pocket query on 1 July 2017 - ran a new one today (so - 10 days - well past the once every 3 day requirement). Received an email notification that the

query was ready but when I went to check it showed 0 queries available.

Signed off - signed back on - no change.

And of course it will not let me try again (at least for now).

About to signoff - clear cookies / internet files etc.

But - just in case. Anyone have this happen before - if so was there a fix - or did you just have to wait it out (I.e. try again after 3 more days).

I beleive you're talking about the special My Finds PQ. Depending on how you "went to check on it" may be the problem. As I understand it, the My Finds PQ is not handled by the API, so if you used a third party program (like GSAK) it may not show that PQ, but if you go to the website and check the "PQ's ready for download" page, it might be there. If that is what you did, I don't know whatelse to do.

went to geocaching dot com selected - Play - then - Pocket Queries - then - add to queue. Same as the 30 or so time I've done a PQ over the last 5 years.

Previous PQ was requested on July 1 - this one today (about 3:30 PM) - so well past the once every 3 day.

Received what I consider to be the typical email letting me know the PQ was ready - went back to geocaching dot com - back to play, etc. and zip - nothing - 0 PQ

available. Nothing happens when I try to download it (nothing to download).

SO - no 3rd party as far as I know. Guess I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

went to geocaching dot com selected - Play - then - Pocket Queries - then - add to queue. Same as the 30 or so time I've done a PQ over the last 5 years.

Previous PQ was requested on July 1 - this one today (about 3:30 PM) - so well past the once every 3 day.

Received what I consider to be the typical email letting me know the PQ was ready - went back to geocaching dot com - back to play, etc. and zip - nothing - 0 PQ

SO - no 3rd party as far as I know. Guess I'll wait a few days and see what happens.

I ran that special My Finds Pocket Query, "containing a list of all the caches have found, along with [my] log entries", on July 9th, and the file appeared without issue. I only run it when I'm reminded by seeing yet another Forum post where someone says they "mysteriously lost 250 Finds" or so. :anicute:

But I haven't had trouble with My Finds, it shows up OK. "My Finds" is not to be confused with "Pocket Queries" in general. The member-created PQs, yeah, there are or were some leetle bugs once in a while, and the Forums light up as soon as the PQs act up.

I will test "My Finds" again when the time is right.

Edited by kunarion

What happens if you try downloading using the link in the email? If you get an error or it otherwise fails, it could be that the PQ has failed to run correctly. A few people have posted in the forums before with similar issues. If that seems to be the case for you, it would be best to contact HQ and ask them to look into the issue.

sorry for the slow response - using the link - going to the web page - no difference.  Nothing - no file - the tab  shows      Pocket Queries Ready for Download (0).

There is no error - there simply is no file.  And that has now been the case several attempts to run the My Finds Pocket Query --  at least 4 times now

(the 11th - 14th - 18th and 21st of July) .

Different computers (tower - laptop - my son's laptop, etc.).  Multiple times signing off and on - multiple times clearing internet temp files, etc.  Regular

PQ work fine (I've setup and run 2).  But no luck with the My Finds Pocket Query.

And I have sent several emails to HQ about the issue (include some info I found on previous issue with the My Finds PQ).

1 hour ago, gcstraggler said:

sorry for the slow response - using the link - going to the web page - no difference.  Nothing - no file - the tab  shows      Pocket Queries Ready for Download (0).

There is no error - there simply is no file.  And that has now been the case several attempts to run the My Finds Pocket Query --  at least 4 times now

(the 11th - 14th - 18th and 21st of July) .

Different computers (tower - laptop - my son's laptop, etc.).  Multiple times signing off and on - multiple times clearing internet temp files, etc.  Regular

PQ work fine (I've setup and run 2).  But no luck with the My Finds Pocket Query.

And I have sent several emails to HQ about the issue (include some info I found on previous issue with the My Finds PQ).

When you preview the PQ how many caches does it say it is going to include?

If you're talking about the "View Results" link in the email I usually don't bother - go straight to "Download now".  But since you asked - I went back & looked at the last

My Finds PQ email - and the view results looks correct - 11,076 finds (my page shows 11,090 - but then I have 14 lab caches - so 11,076 + 14 = 11,090).  

If you're talking about a regular PQ - the last one I ran (two days ago) looked OK.

Since the OP is only having problems with the My Finds PQ, and not regular PQ's, then my guess is that it's the large file size (11k finds) that is causing the problem.  Hopefully, this is something that Groundspeak will be able to assist with.

Perhaps a Lackey will see this thread and respond.  I'm going to suggest this is moved to the "Bug Reports -> Website" forum, where it's more likely (but not guaranteed) that a Lackey will see it.

Good idea (moving to the Bug Reports).  Hopefully not because of the 11K plus finds.   11K finds is a fair amount - but by no means unique.  Using one of the

"rankings" sites it shows over 200 cachers - just in California - with more finds than mine - and over 1,300 in the US.   I use My Finds PQ at least once every  6 - 8

weeks - more frequently if I'm using it to track progress on a specific challenge cache.

Took awhile but apparently the software engineers did find something - so my specific issues seems to be fixed.  Strangely enough the first I was aware of

it was when I decided to attempt another My Finds PQ - about 10 this morning - but put it off - only to find one (from July 30th) - waiting to be downloaded when

I went back in around 11:30 this morning (of course I still tried the new one - which worked OK).