Lost in caches

andersen1982

I have 2 trackables in my collection - or so the webpage says.

I log with both phone and gps and sometimes i mess up and load the same caches into each one and only when standing with the cache remember I have already found it.

That means I have 487 drafts.

The two trackables have been placed among them ages ago. I marked that I put it there - I am fairly certain.

But I cannot remmber in which ones. SORRY!

Can I somehow tell the webpage I no longer hold those trackables?

I log with both phone and gps and sometimes i mess up and load the same caches into each one and only when standing with the cache remember I have already found it.

The two trackables have been placed among them ages ago. I marked that I put it there - I am fairly certain.

1. You can drop them in a cache. Since you apparently have no idea which one(s) you really placed them in, this would mean any cache--at random. Not recommended.

2. You can just wait until someone picks them up from wherever you left them and grabs them from you.

3. You can contact the owners of the trackables and confess to being irresponsible and let them deal with it.

You don't have 487 finds. And I don't see any Trackables that you've had for a particularly long time.

But of the options, it's best to post updates where possible, on all of the ones listed in your Inventory. Owners are wondering what you intend. For Trackables that you have not placed and logged, make a note about when you will place it, and place it on time. For the ones listed in your Inventory that you don't remember where you placed, a note log about the situation would be good. I would dearly love to know whatever became of my various TBs, many of which are listed as currently held by former cachers, who quit long ago. I'd appreciate being let off the hook. Usually, cachers just lose Trackables, don't log anything, and they wait til the Owners give up. Don't be that cacher. :)

I know you said you don't remember specifically, but in general did you plan ahead and place all Trackables in safe caches? Maybe less-found caches that seem to be un-muggled? If so, the Trackables are simply waiting to be found and logged. The Finder could do a "Grab" log, and at that point the Trackable is back on track, and out of your Inventory.

Edited by kunarion

We really enjoy the trackable side of caching, and are pretty particular in logging them - what I do is when I drop a TB in a cache, is take a photo of the TB(s) on top of the cache, with their codes showing (for my records only), so that in the event of a memory lapse, I know exactly where I put them.... having the codes also means if you mis-log them, you can fix it without bothering the TO.

We really enjoy the trackable side of caching, and are pretty particular in logging them - what I do is when I drop a TB in a cache, is take a photo of the TB(s) on top of the cache, with their codes showing (for my records only), so that in the event of a memory lapse, I know exactly where I put them.... having the codes also means if you mis-log them, you can fix it without bothering the TO.

+1

I take a picture of the tag's tracking number with at least part of the attached item in view, and a 2nd picture that I may post on the Trackable's page (with no Tracking Number shown). AND sometimes even more pictures, such as fun "group photos" with other Trackables. All of that definitely helps me keep track of which Trackable was where, when I'm ready to log them later. Otherwise, I'd forget it all. :laughing:

+1

I take a picture of the tag's tracking number with at least part of the attached item in view, and a 2nd picture that I may post on the Trackable's page (with no Tracking Number shown). AND sometimes even more pictures, such as fun "group photos" with other Trackables. All of that definitely helps me keep track of which Trackable was where, when I'm ready to log them later. Otherwise, I'd forget it all. :laughing:

Low-tech, I write it in the mini composition book, along with any notes (trades, weather, etc.) for that find.

- But it's been some time that I've forgotten about the one or two caches done in a day. :)