Hiding cache types

yxza

Hello,

when looking at the map and I want to hide certain types of caches. Like trads e.g. sometimes I want to keep my finds on the map. But as soon as I say e.g. hide trads my finds of trads disappear.

Can't be hard to fix.

When you select the option to hide a particular cache type on the map, they all go away. Found, unfound, DNF'd, and owned.

If I understand your post right, you don't want the option to work as designed and hide all caches of a given type; rather, you'd like to be able to toggle which caches disappear. Is that accurate?

(If so, seems like a waste of resources to me.)

Hello,

when looking at the map and I want to hide certain types of caches. Like trads e.g. sometimes I want to keep my finds on the map. But as soon as I say e.g. hide trads my finds of trads disappear.

Can't be hard to fix.

When you select the option to hide a particular cache type on the map, they all go away. Found, unfound, DNF'd, and owned.

If I understand your post right, you don't want the option to work as designed and hide all caches of a given type; rather, you'd like to be able to toggle which caches disappear. Is that accurate?

(If so, seems like a waste of resources to me.)

The map menu is on the left side. it might be closed. Just open it up in case it is. There is a green vertical bar wiht a small arrow. Click on it. Then just select the cache types from there that you want to hide.

yes, I would like a more flexible interface. As usual hide trads, mysts, webcam etc etc but also hide trads but keep my founds e.g., hide mysts with corrected coords (thanks Groundspeak for that novelty), hide only mysts with not corrected coords. The combinations are a few and the whole solution may be too complicated. Something in that direction would be nice.

Hans

yes, I would like a more flexible interface. As usual hide trads, mysts, webcam etc etc but also hide trads but keep my founds e.g., hide mysts with corrected coords (thanks Groundspeak for that novelty), hide only mysts with not corrected coords. The combinations are a few and the whole solution may be too complicated. Something in that direction would be nice.

Hans

You may want to use the Search feature: https://www.geocaching.com/play/search

Then you can set filters to show found/unfound, cache types, with/without corrected coords. The browsing map seems to be for a more general view of caches, whereas the Search feature is for the more granular criteria you've mentioned.