Release Notes (Geocaching® app, Souvenirs) - July 11, 2017

Release Notes (Geocaching® app) - July 11, 2017

With this release, we’re excited to announce the addition of souvenirs in the Geocaching® app! You can now view a list and count of all earned souvenirs. Souvenirs are sorted by date earned with the most recent at the top of the list.

From your Profile in the app, tap Souvenirs in the menu to view the list. Your Profile is badged when new souvenirs are earned. If you have earned a souvenir previously, your Profile is badged upon updating the app.

You can view the souvenir thumbnail image, name, and earn date for each souvenir.

In addition to souvenirs, we've made visual updates to your Profile page in the app. The style now closely matches the updated styling on Geocaching.com. Additional information includes your join date, number of hides, number of trackables logged, and access to your earned souvenirs.

Please note it may take up to two days for some users of the Geocaching® app for Android to have access to the update that includes this functionality.

Ben H from HQ’s Product Team is watching the thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Unrelated comments may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

Release Notes (Geocaching® app) - July 11, 2017

With this release, we’re excited to announce the addition of souvenirs in the Geocaching® app! You can now view a list and count of all earned souvenirs. Souvenirs are sorted by date earned with the most recent at the top of the list.

From your Profile in the app, tap Souvenirs in the menu to view the list. Your Profile is badged when new souvenirs are earned. If you have earned a souvenir previously, your Profile is badged upon updating the app.

You can view the souvenir thumbnail image, name, and earn date for each souvenir.

In addition to souvenirs, we've made visual updates to your Profile page in the app. The style now closely matches the updated styling on Geocaching.com. Additional information includes your join date, number of hides, number of trackables logged, and access to your earned souvenirs.

Please note it may take up to two days for some users of the Geocaching® app for Android to have access to the update that includes this functionality.

Ben H from HQ’s Product Team is watching the thread to answer questions whenever possible.

Any posts in this thread should relate to features in this release. Unrelated comments may be removed. Please direct unrelated comments to other appropriate threads. Thanks!

Can we expect an update to allow us to open the souvenir and see the full image for each one? I like to take a screenshot of new souvenirs and post them on social media.

Version 5.6.1 and I can now see Geotours (didn't work for me on v5.5.1)

I can see souvenirs too, but I wonder why that has made it in ahead of a useful update like displaying caches at corrected coordinates.

And update to display caches at corrected coordinates has already been released.

I can see souvenirs too, but I wonder why that has made it in ahead of a useful update like displaying caches at corrected coordinates.

And update to display caches at corrected coordinates has already been released.

For the web site, perhaps, although the Search map always did use corrected coordinates (and now doesn't when the cache has been found: definitely a backward step). The version of the app I just downloaded still displays mystery caches at their posted coordinates.

For the web site, perhaps, although the Search map always did use corrected coordinates (and now doesn't when the cache has been found: definitely a backward step). The version of the app I just downloaded still displays mystery caches at their posted coordinates.

I have iOS and the current version of the app on my phone shows unfound, solved mystery caches at their corrected coordinates. If you have found the cache, the icon goes back to its posted coordinates.

Corrected coordinates for both the website and official apps are covered by the June 29th Release Notes. Please limit posts in this thread to the subject of the current Release.

In the release notes from 29th June it says:

Please note, solved coordinates functionality will be available to users of the Geocaching® app for Android in the next release.

It's NOT available in the current release, even though the release notes from 29th June say it should be. Ergo, this is relevant to the current release.

It's NOT available in the current release, even though the release notes from 29th June say it should be. Ergo, this is relevant to the current release.

Sometimes things don't go exactly as planned. Solved coords functionality that matches what's already available on the web and iPhone will be included in a 5.6.x release on Android. Our Android engineers are working on it now and it should be available in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 1

I just received Android app v5.6.2 (No release notes here yet). It won't start. As soon as I start the app I get a 'Geocaching has stopped...' message. I've sent feedback with system logs.

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1

[update] I uninstalled the app, restarted the phone, re-installed the app. Now it starts, and NOW I HAVE MYSTERY CACHES DISPLAYED AT CORRECTED COORDINATES!!

Sorry about the shouting, but this has been the killer problem that stopped me using the app. Now it's fixed WOOHOO!

Edited by gasbottle