messages and profiles

===sgb

I dislike the message system a lot. However that doesn't stop folk sending you messages. And when they do I like to look up their profile to see what sort of cacher they are.

I am unable to highlight the name in the sender name in the picture block list to the left of the messages. However if you click on the picture block, the name recurs at the above the message text. That can be highlit and copied.

So I do that and then go to my profile page (not the public one) where there is a link "Find another player". Select that and paste into the box there. This page is frustrating too - the initial "look for names like this" page and the second page which lists a few (up to about 20) of them are too similar yet behave completely differently. If you get the wrong name, there is no easy way back to reenter a new name. Frustrating. And if only one name is found, you can't tell the difference between the two pages at all easily.

Anyway, I tried this whole procedure on a new message, and this time it just loops on the first page. Presumably not finding a matching name.

How can I get a message from a username that doesn't exist.

How do I see the (public) profile of this message sender?

I agree that it's not very intuitive, but there is an easier way to get to a user's profile page from the message center. When you click on the message in the left column, then the message conversation appears to the right.

If you click on the cacher's avatar photo in that conversation section of the screen, then a new window will open with that cacher's profile page.

Hope that helps.

Just click on the icon in front of one of the messages in the right message column.

Hans

Yes. At least in Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11, click the avatar icon in one of the messages (even your own), to open a profile page.

Just tried it. Quick and easy as.

I agree that it's not very intuitive, but there is an easier way to get to a user's profile page from the message center. When you click on the message in the left column, then the message conversation appears to the right.

If you click on the cacher's avatar photo in that conversation section of the screen, then a new window will open with that cacher's profile page.

Hope that helps.

That helps and it works and it finds the profile that was otherwise hidden. I still don't understand why searching for the username failed.

Thanks

Edited by ===sgb