A forum on WSGA?

slinger91

I just looked at the two examples mentioned above. Very cool. If anyone wants to volunteer to help get one of these set up, please step forward!

Feel free to e-mail me off the list. Snazz, if you want to share your experience with your BB with me, I'd be interested to know how it works for you.

!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

phpBB has worked out pretty good for me, so far. The machine I have it on is slightly under-powered for the task, apparently (its a Celeron 500mhz w/ 128mb ram). The BB has gotten noticeably slower with 505 posts in the system (the system is used for other things too, though). I'm considering moving it to my other, better equipped server.

It was straightforward to install, espescially since I already had apache and php up and running.

I think its important to try to get as many folks as possible to post to a new forum, to generate a minimum level of activity. After a point, momentum will carry things along.

I'd imagine a forum for the washington association would see a lot more traffic than my little Central Oregon forum does, since you folks have organized meetings and whatnot. You might be able to find a hosting provider who has UBB (the forum system that Groundspeak uses). If not, the free alternatives (such as phpBB) are nice. Out of the various boards I've tried, phpBB was the easiest to set up and configure.