Finally... It is done...

GeoNap

It is with an incredible amount of satisfaction that I report to all of you...

I have finally logged 2925

I am a happy man! If you want GeoNap coin #0015 (the lowest numbered coin I have released yet, seek this cache).

BTW: I also left a Canadian GeoCoin here.

I'm getting a good laugh after seeing the water level has risen four feet from Sunday when I drove out the Gorge. The levels that day were the lowest of the year and I was tempted to turn around and go back to get the cache sheet, but it was just too dadgum hot and I was already drueling for a shady trail near a waterfall and a nice cold beer.

Glad you made it Geonap. Now if you are into some more adventure you might try The Headwall. No need to worry about any water on this one at this time of year, just some giant plants called Devils Club. icon_eek.gif

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler & Red:

Navdog;

Your very sick and wrong to put a cache in a Devils Club patch.

Are you related to Moun10Bike?

logscaler.

Funny! I've done his Leonardo series in teh Seattle area. Total blast...lot of bushwacking so Navdog's cache sounds good to me. I will go after it someday.

I know you mostly cache over on the east slopes and beyond. So some of MTBs caches over there are of the bushwack mode also?

Geonap: Congrats to you man! That cache sounds like a good milestone cache to do someday.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoNap:

If you want GeoNap coin #0015 (the lowest numbered coin I have released yet, seek this cache)...

Hey GeoNap, as of this evening we have joined your ranks-- and on our first try! Doug and I thank you for the beautiful coin! She is tops among our many prized geocaching items!

--laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

I'm not sure if there's a law against it, but a wednesday night spike crew camping outing would be pretty sweet out there on the island. There's a pristine (nettle-free) beach on the west side of the island, complete with a big stack of pre-cut cedar rounds for firewood.

Totally impractical, but fun to think about.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Now that sounds like fun! But oregone, are you reading my mind again? That's not fair you know... and it's a little scary... because fractal and I were just talking about something similar to your idea while on the magellan treasure hunt tonight. You say when... and I'm there... I even know a good route now! I know... it's amazing. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

I'm not sure if there's a law against it, but a wednesday night spike crew camping outing would be pretty sweet out there on the island...totally impractical, but fun to think about.

Wow, how fun that would be! If a group wants to do this, better on a non-work night which for Doug and I would mean a Friday or Saturday night). I'd be game, don't know how Doug would feel about it. As long as the skeeters don't eat us alive--there were some monstrous ones trying to find the cache too, when we were there yesterday!

--laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

So we were in Adelaide a few days ago and our 30 minutes of Internet time was expiring as we started reading Geonap's last pre-find note. Now that we're in Fremantle (Perth area) we finally got to read the whole story! So glad it has a happy ending!! Congratulations, GeoNap!!! You're no wimp!

In fact, you'd probably have found more caches Down Under than we have so far. We suck. Our batting average is about .333. Just spent over an hour and 2 visits on an unsuccessful 1/1.5 cache. AAAAARRGGGH!

We're having a great trip, and look forward to seeing everyone again in a few weeks. We even got greeted at the airport and had a private full-day tour with the mayor of Kangaroo Island! Don't know when we'll have Internet access again, and we're not able to access our mail right now....

hept-hole.gif

You know... I was just sitting back...reminiscing about my 2925 find.. when I asked myself? Hey self? (Which is what I usually call myself when I'm talking to myself) How many people have actually 'found' 2925?

So after some interesting dialogue with myself, I found the answer.

Nine different cachers, (at least by cacher name, some of them with more than one adveture seeker undoubtedly) have found this cache.

Seek I say! Seek... and try not to suffer like I did! icon_biggrin.gif