Message Centre Misery

Firth of Forth

Please do something about the way Message Centre works. I request that people use the email option to contact me, but almost no one does so.

Problem 1. Recently I haven't been getting an email to let me know that someone has sent me something through the message centre. It may be something to do with using the app. This causes enormous problems in dealing with the numerous logs I get for my earthcaches.

Problem 2. If I do labourously log into the message centre to reply to someone, I have never had another email to let me know that they have replied to my reply. So unless I go to the g.com website and login in AND notice the notification symbol, I am unaware. This isn't efficient, and I have plenty of other things to do than keep track g.com website.

Please rectify these issues.

Firth of Forth

Have you verified in your email preferences, that you're set up to receive email when you have a new message? The message center email section is at the bottom of that page.

If you do have one of the two forms of message center email notification checked, then check your email address there. If both are right, I'd be thinking about some kind of spam filter catching those notifications. I don't seem to have one in my email inbox to tell you what the subject/sender line looks like, sorry,

I believe there is a setting where you will only receive an email about getting a message in the Message Center if you haven't been active in the past 30 minutes. That means if you get a response from someone within 30 minutes of you responding to their message, then you won't receive an email. If you go to your settings and under Email Preferences you can change it to send you an email every time you receive a message in the Message Center. You can also reply to the email instead of logging in to the Message Center.

Please do something about the way Message Centre works. I request that people use the email option to contact me, but almost no one does so.

Problem 1. Recently I haven't been getting an email to let me know that someone has sent me something through the message centre. It may be something to do with using the app. This causes enormous problems in dealing with the numerous logs I get for my earthcaches.

Problem 2. If I do labourously log into the message centre to reply to someone, I have never had another email to let me know that they have replied to my reply. So unless I go to the g.com website and login in AND notice the notification symbol, I am unaware. This isn't efficient, and I have plenty of other things to do than keep track g.com website.

Please rectify these issues.

Firth of Forth

I just don't use it.

Place a note on your profile that clearly states that you prefer e-mail and not message center.

I MAY look at the message center once every month or so. If someone wants to get in touch with me via gc, the can use the send e-mail option or they can wait until I happen to open the page.