Getting feedback on denied waymarks

Hi all,

I'm new to Waymarking.com and have posted a few waymarks (GPS in JPEGs, yay!) and visits from my past. The inevitable has happened: something I see as fitting a category doesn't get past a moderator. That's fine. I went through the category description again figuring I'd missed something & sure enough I did. Edited and updated the waymark, went through the category description again then checked out other posts in the category and figured there was a pattern to them all which wasn't in the description. So I went back and updated the waymark again and submitted. It's come back as denied again - again, that's not a problem. The category is simple enough & the waymark fits the category very well, so I'm baffled by the denial but I don't see anywhere that I'm receiving feedback on the reason for the denial. Should I be getting feedback and if so where would that appear?

Thanks. :)

The denial notice should have the reason listed. Whenever a submission is approved or denied an email is sent to the submitter, and in case of denial the comment box must not be blank.

Didn't you receive any emails by Groundspeak? The sender address is noreply@geocaching.com and the subject is "[WMK] Your Waymark Has Been Declined". Check if you have a valid email address in your Groundspeak account and check your spam folder!

The denial notice should have the reason listed. Whenever a submission is approved or denied an email is sent to the submitter, and in case of denial the comment box must not be blank.

Didn't you receive any emails by Groundspeak? The sender address is noreply@geocaching.com and the subject is "[WMK] Your Waymark Has Been Declined". Check if you have a valid email address in your Groundspeak account and check your spam folder!

Aha, thank you. Now I see the problem I stumbled over: feedback is via e-mail. :) I rarely check e-mail (less than twice a week), hence why I missed the feedback!

Given the amount of information on the site itself I really expected it to be there but I got frustrated by the only hint it gives when editing the errant bookmark: "This waymark was declined by the category management group. To resubmit for additional consideration, please make the recommended changes suggested by the group."

Could the powers-that-be perhaps include the reason in the web site, thank you. :)

Aha, thank you. Now I see the problem I stumbled over: feedback is via e-mail. :) I rarely check e-mail (less than twice a week), hence why I missed the feedback!

Given the amount of information on the site itself I really expected it to be there but I got frustrated by the only hint it gives when editing the errant bookmark: "This waymark was declined by the category management group. To resubmit for additional consideration, please make the recommended changes suggested by the group."

Could the powers-that-be perhaps include the reason in the web site, thank you. :)

Hello Barthax, Did your waymark finally get approved?