Is there a way to map my lists?

Hypsyjack

I am extremely frustrated by the inability to map my saved lists. I have looked all over for a way to do so. Is it even possible? Please help if you know of a solution. I travel alot and save caches I want to see in each State, or City or Region. It would be nice if I could actually see the placement of the caches I have saved in a list on a map so I could easily determine what caches I am closest to. I appreciate any help.

Creating a PQ and then viewing that PQ on the website map is what I would suggest.

The other option is to install the official Geocaching app. Using the app, you can view your list of Bookmark Lists, click on the "..." icon, and select "View on Map". One challenge I've found with this is the clustering (10+, 20+) that shows up on the map, which then requires zooming in to see the individual icons.

You could also "Download Offline Data" for a list and then view the caches on a map while offline.

• Upvote 1

I am extremely frustrated by the inability to map my saved lists. I have looked all over for a way to do so. Is it even possible? Please help if you know of a solution. I travel alot and save caches I want to see in each State, or City or Region. It would be nice if I could actually see the placement of the caches I have saved in a list on a map so I could easily determine what caches I am closest to. I appreciate any help.

Ditto what's been said above: make a pocket query of the list and then view that on the map view. Step by step:

- Make a bookmark list

- At the bottom of the page, click the box "Create Pocket query"

- On the next screen, name your pocket query, change any other settings as needed, and click the "Submit" button

- Go to the map view

- In the top portion of the menu bar at left, click the "Pocket Queries" box

- Select the pocket query for your bookmark list

The map should now display only caches in your pocket query, changing the zoom so that they are all displayed in the map view.

Edited by hzoi

After I create a bookmark list, I create a pocket query for that list. (I don't need to actually select a day for the query to run.) You can view the caches returned in a pocket query search on the Geocaching.com map.

Thank you! I have now done this.

Creating a PQ and then viewing that PQ on the website map is what I would suggest.

The other option is to install the official Geocaching app. Using the app, you can view your list of Bookmark Lists, click on the "..." icon, and select "View on Map". One challenge I've found with this is the clustering (10+, 20+) that shows up on the map, which then requires zooming in to see the individual icons.

You could also "Download Offline Data" for a list and then view the caches on a map while offline.

Yep! Thank you. I am using the official gc app and I have followed the suggestions..Got it going now!!