Unable to Refresh a Valid Waypoint Using the GC.com API

Lt.Ranger.Bob

I am trying to refresh a valid waypoint, GC73N9B, 01 OCSC but it does not work and reports this geocache as not valid. I can download the gpx file for this cache and it is fine and refreshes the geocache. This problem has been happpening for about the past 3 to 4 days. Test show that the series in the range GC73N90 to GC73N9B is detected as a non valid GC code. Other GC numbers may be involded as well. In addition although GC73N9B is a valid geocache you can not search for it on GC.com using the Search feature. The geocache can be found at https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC73N9B_01-ocsc?guid=1441fe4c-8aef-49c8-b181-854174fca5ce.

Windows Pro, Firefox, Greasemonkey scripts running on Geocaching.com

As of this morning, I can use search to see GC73N9B.

I haven't tried to refresh it through the API, just looked at it.

However, per your post, using Search, I am told that GC73N90 to GC73N99 and then onto GC73N9A, are not valid GC codes.

SC Geo Trail #193

N50° 14.510 W108° 00.575

GC Code: GC73N90

Saskatchewan, Canada

https://coord.info/GC73N90

There have been other instances similar to this recently, seepost #7in this thread (may NOT be the issue, just comes to my mind). With the 4 July weekend, this may take few days for staff to see and fix.

Edited by Isonzo Karst