New App - can't use without logging in?

We have stored lists for offline use, but this is pointless when you have to log in to the app to use them.

The app is on my son's ipod so no phone connection.

We use it for checking up hints, descriptions, previous logs etc which my ancient GPS doesn't show.

I have had a couple of times now when I've gone out caching but there is no wifi signal to be able to log in so we can't access the app!

I really don't see what the point of having offline lists etc if you have to log in to access them but you can't always do so...?

Never had this issue with the classic app.

Anyone got any way around this please?

Don't log out.

I use my iPhone on wifi as you do, and download the cache lists for "offline use". They're in the "Lists" section, accessible without being online.

I'm not choosing to log out.

Usually it's fine but sometimes when I go to use it I have to log in.

Not sure what causes it.

If I don't realise until I am literally out in the field there is nothing I can do, the app is useless even offline.

Don't log out.

I use my iPhone on wifi as you do, and download the cache lists for "offline use". They're in the "Lists" section, accessible without being online.

Not sure what causes it.

If I don't realise until I am literally out in the field there is nothing I can do, the app is useless even offline.

I have never had this problem. My app is always logged in with my username. There is no way to access any of the app without being logged into an account.

Not sure what causes it.

I don't have to log in unless uninstalling the App and installing the new version (um, which I must do with every steenkin' new version :ph34r:). Your problem is the App is logging you out unexpectedly, so that's the main issue to figure out. If you'd provide more info about what version of iPod it is, that might help.

Since I of course never want to be unable to cache due to any particular App problem, I installed other Geocaching Apps. But one solution for offline caching is to use a modern handheld GPSr for the actual caching. You can't get logged out of a GPSr. :anibad:

Edited by kunarion