New "Logging" Page

The Snowdog

Well it took me about two seconds to opt out of that one, because the "new" page takes away the preview of what you're writing. Just what were you thinking there?

Agreed. The new logging page is really poorly designed.

I agree this is a very peculiar change. They'd only just introduced the preview to great fanfare, then they turned around and eliminated it. I didn't like the way they did the preview that much, but it was much, much better than nothing. When it was eliminated in the log rewrite, I was sure that was just a temporary move because they'd obviously rushed the initial release missing several existing features, but apparently I was wrong.

I want to opt out from this useless new design on "logging via field notes".

How can I do that?

It also seemts that with logging via field notes you CANNOT opt out then.

It is making logging via field notes much worse. I am no smartphone zombie and will always log on my comfy computer, so this so called "improvements" are useless for me.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:57 PM, KaterBILLA said:

I want to opt out from this useless new design on "logging via field notes".

How can I do that?

It also seemts that with logging via field notes you CANNOT opt out then.

It is making logging via field notes much worse. I am no smartphone zombie and will always log on my comfy computer, so this so called "improvements" are useless for me.

One thing you could do is use the old 'field notes' page and open the cache page into a new window. Then click on 'log geocache' from the cache page, which allows you to opt out and use the old logging experience. I've done this before when I wanted to add coordinates to my log. Of course, you'd then have to manually delete that draft from your field notes page later.

My biggest problem with the new logging page is the way it handles trackables.  I don't want them in the order of most use.  I want them in alphabetical order as it is with the old page.  I leave many of my personal trackables in my inventory to "visit" to certain types of caches.  I don't need the website to try to tell me which ones I use most.  Just the ability to sort different ways would be nice.  For that reason, I opt out each time I start logging caches.

Having your personal inventory seperate from your inventory of others' trackables would also be great, which is different from my "collection."

21 hours ago, noncentric said:

Of course, you'd then have to manually delete that draft from your field notes page later.

And another trick for quick individual field note deletion - open the "Delete Note" link in a new tab, and you don't have to go through the delete confirmation step. I just mid-click on each Delete link for cache logs I've posted and that clears them out right quick. Refresh the field note list, and continue on...

(of course, having checkboxes to select which to bulk delete, like the [old] bookmark list page, would be better)