Champoeg 2004

fractal

I am afraid the escalation of hostilities between the factions will form a sort of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction). For, if we are attacked un-provoked...

The "Yurtville Jihad" will ensure the evil land of "Tentenitus" will flood in a rain of 1000 loaded huggies diapers. Woe be to the nylon sided crusaders. :D

.... or was that the "Yurtville's front of Judeah" or the "Judeahn Yurtvilles Front"??

:blink: I cant spell. :D

Beer, depends, diapers...I think they've safely saved themselves from the panty raid.'cos there's no way I am going any where near a dozen beer soaked depends! I'll just have to change it from panty raid to pantry raid and see if we can do more damage there. The only probelm I see there is, it's going to be mighty tough to hang all the empty beer cans on that flag pole of mine, not to mention I cannot possibly be the one to empty them what with all that good homemade vino I'll be kickin' back! So I guess it has come down to this......if it's sunny and warm, the water balloon fun is on. If it is cool and wet, tha pantry raid may be happening, either way I am sure both teams concede, we will need to have a grand bonfire afterwards to dry out from both events.

Shotgun wanted me to fess up, it is I the female counterpart sending all these evil thoughts.

Looking forward to meeting "all" players.....

The female counterpart has been involved in provoking childlike activities (which by the way I REALLY like) for this years event. The following two words are my two bits worth, and should bring a whole new light to the preceding shenanigans.

BEER BAZOOKA.....

I am not sure about my neighbors, but for me.... the Yurtsvillas can FIRE AWAY, my cup will be in the ready position!

The Real Shotgun

Edited by Shotgun, Peashooter & Zoom

I'm not sure if anyone else was curious about Mr. Helsing's tag line, but here's the translation that www.freetranslation.com was able to come up w/

"Die Schmerz und das Leiden regnen unten von den Himmeln; einem Prozess als Nebenklaeger beitreten Sie jetzt oder leiden Sie!"

Translation: The pains and the suffering rain below of the skies; you join a process as a next to complainant now or suffer you! :)

in other words... "I will FONG you!" :)

I also wanted to remind people of the ongoing "contest" at Champoeg...

We are still running the best Tent/Yurt design competition. Decorate/Create a design for your tent or Yurt. Last year showed flashing tents, tropical, and Halloween Yurts. It was in its infancy at the time, but had HUGE potential.

A roaming panel of judges will decide the winner and will give "mad props" to those responsible.

PLus, what about a "cook off".. I think it was posted earlier in this thread, but I am too lazy to research. ;) That could have delicious results.

I also wanted to remind people of the ongoing "contest" at Champoeg...

We are still running the best Tent/Yurt design competition. Decorate/Create a design for your tent or Yurt. Last year showed flashing tents, tropical, and Halloween Yurts. It was in its infancy at the time, but had HUGE potential.

A roaming panel of judges will decide the winner and will give "mad props" to those responsible.

Oh that really sounds like fun. We'lll bring up the lightshow. The 5th wheel will be spotted from the Moon.

At the risk of sounding like "the mature one" I would like to throw out a few of things:

1. We have a terrific relationship with the folks at the park. I would hate to see it get wasted for a water balloon fight within the confines of the campground.

2. A water fight sounds fun, especially if it is hot. This would be a good thing for the area where the Apparatus was held last year......provided we clean up afterwards.

3. I know I don't want my camper trashed, and I can probably speak for others who will be decorating their sites. Electronics and water don't play well together.

-Jay

Not to worry Jay and Family of foxes, we just intended this to generate a fun time in the forums (soup and fractal are not the only crazy ones). Things were kinda quite on the site here, and lazyboy seemed to feel like a leper with no one taking the sites by he and I. So I (shotgun's other half) stirred things up! We will probably bring the launcher, but we have no intentions of balloon pieces all over the grounds (CITO) and damaged tents and wet soppy unhappy campers. And with that said, maybe I will retire from the forums for awhile, at least for the night while visions of fun circle thru my mind! See ya there, in full parade regallea (sp).

I would have to echo Jay's words. Those Champoeg rangers trust us ;) and it would be a shame for them to see what type of hooligans we truely are. heh.

I too got wrapped up in the forum clash! Plus, it would be like 6 yurts vs. 100 tents. THose nylonsiders wouldnt stand a chance... :blink:

Seriously, a big water fight sounds fun (espically since I almost died of heat stroke last year).. but with the decorations, and the peering eyes of the camp staff, I think this could be better suited at another time. Fractal and I have something up our sleeves that might "quench your thirst". /cheezy

Indeed Soup...

Like I mentioned on the pdxgeocaching.com forums (which are currently down, returning soon), we want to make sure that we are allowed to come back to Champoeg every year. Once the tents/yurts are decorated, they will be watching us, just like they did last year (they even took pictures).

We can still have a good time though.. No worries there.. In fact, this year's fractalSoup event (currently called Warlords) will be a FUN, water-based, team vs. team event that will take place away from the tents & yurts. More details will be coming soon...

-fractal

**INTERROGATION REPORT**

Several of Helsing's operatives have been captured in recent weeks. We were not able to extract much information from these people even though we used every trick in the spy handbook. We did find a decal stuck to one persons nether regions and there are indications that there more of these decals out there. Your mission should you choose to accept it...wait, that's for a different set of spy hunters..anyway we will need your help keeping an eye out for them. Let me know if you see any. We feel that they are drops of some kind for Helsing.

**Smith sends**

round-skull-logo.gif

Ok, Ok. Fathergoose has persuaded me (Geowidow) to post here and volunteer my services. I would be happy to help with something. Since Fathergoose is in Colorado and Geowidow is stuck here with nothing to do.. :huh: Sounds like Family o' Foxes are in charge of the "Scheduele of Events", how can I help?

Well Team SuperGenius will be there on the 4th thru 6th.

Looking forward to finally meeting ya'll down south.

We will be on the B Loop at campsite B29, not the best but were late coming and the way things look we are lucky to get that one.

See ya'll there.

Pepper

Shane

Troy the Boy

Twin A (lila)

Twin B (nikki)

It's for the fractalSoup WMD event. There will be four teams; Air, Fire, Water & Earth. Misguided One is Captain of Team Earth and you can sign up for our team here.

Check out the Champoeg 2004 official web page for more details.

Team Earth is going to be the best team there so sign up now while you still have a chance!! Name your bribe and I'll do my best to accomodate you, just sign up for Team Earth now!!! If we are the first to fill all 25 slots I'll even bake a special treat for the team!!!!!

Arrrgggh... sched conflict. The cast of "Whose Line Is it Anyway?" is doing a live show in PDX on June 4. Looks like I am going to be REAL late on Friday night to this geocaching event! Hope this does not mess up my reservation!

Hmmmm... I wonder what an improv performance event of "Whose Cache Is It Anyway?" would be like at Champoeg? :)

Edited by Sparrowhawk

Team Earth is going to be the best team there so sign up now while you still have a chance!! Name your bribe and I'll do my best to accomodate you, just sign up for Team Earth now!!! If we are the first to fill all 25 slots I'll even bake a special treat for the team!!!!!

I'd never tell a reviewer they are mistaken... Oh, what the heck; it's not like she reviews MY caches!

Earth is all fine and good, but really, AIR is where it's at. I'm told that I can't talk about just what the device will be this year, but let's just say that it wouldn't hurt to get in with a team leader who is an expert on medieval warfare.

Ron/yumitori

Team AIR Captain

Knight of the Society for Creative Anachronism