Champoeg 2004

fractal

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

Not to mention the unsuspecting campers in A43 and A44 icon_razz.gif

A44 can't be reserved, not sure what is going on there. A43 seems to be blocked out for at least two weeks, probably more.

I can't imagine any sane person booking their vacation so far in advance (and I include ourselves in that). The A loop is ours, if we only have the will. To quote Dr. McCoy: "And brother, have they got a lot of will."

hept-hole.gif

THIS JUST IN(!):

I ran into Pandora tonight at Doc's, and--after many singles were exchanged--she said that she would 'consider' coming to champoeg 2004 for a nominal fee. She had more stipulations than a french lawyer (her words, not mine), but i think it will be totally worth it. So can anyone think of a way to construct some sort of pole in a yurt? Is it even possible?

For those that don't know Pandora, consider yourself lucky. For those that DO know Pandora, i'm thinking about some sort of cement base and six-inch brass screws. And a Nine Inch Nails CD.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

About that pavilion, it was previously reserved last year as well.. well it turned out, the park ranger Mike reserved it "just in case". I would be willing to bet that is the case here.

So who ever is organizing next year, SPEAK UP and let us know.. then coodinate with the park.

Ranger Mike is who worked with Me and Maps the year before. Here is Ranger Mike Niss number for questions... 503-678-1251 ext 222

If he aint available.. park manager Dennis Wiley at 503-678-1251 ext 230.

Oh, as for a yurt pole APPARATUS.. I believe this is possible. heh.!

quote:
Originally posted by Suziq:

Ok I signed up for A26.

Any of you guys disk golf.

Yep icon_wink.gif

My disks are almost always in the jeep. Bring em along...

* Remember... Only you can pervert forest faeries... *

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Just reserved A1 for Friday and Saturday night - we'll try not to go to sleep so early this time!

That's it for the upper part of the loop, but there are still a bunch of lower ones left...

Can't believe we're reserving this far ahead - we only just bought our tickets back east for New Years! Very cool!

--Alison

The map is up to date as of 22sep03 21:10. If your name is missing or you know of someone who is missing, you may contact me either here or through email. My plan is to have copies available for distribution at the campground. Likewise, if your name is on here and you don't want ppl to know where you are staying, too bad you shouldn't have posted it here in the first place. icon_wink.gif Just kidding, if you don't want your name on the map, let me know and I will remove it.

-Jay

quote:
Originally posted by GeoNap:

I've started stockpiling my beer and liquor for Champoeg 2004. I am saving one beer a day and one bottle of liquor a month until I arrive at Champoeg.

At that rate... holy crap... that's a LOT of beer and liquor! icon_biggrin.gif

If you are SAVING that much then...holy crap... that is a lot of drinking between now and then icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Ok, it may appear that I have WAY too much time on my hands, but I was doing some comparisons and this is what I have found:

laserman stated that they would be staying in site A21 - the ReserveAmerica site still has this site listed as available for the weekend of June 4th. You may want to check that reservation and dates.

TeamDonkey25 has stated that they have site A40 for Friday night but RA has it as available.

Anyone know if sites A23, A25 and A30 will be housing geocachers? They are all booked for that weekend but have not posted.

As of 23sep03 09:50, here is what is available in the "A" loop:

5,7,9-17,20-22 & 24

-Jay

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Snazz:

I just now reserved site A13. June 5th and 6th, right? icon_biggrin.gif June 5th is free camping day, which really rocks.

With Snazz coming, Champoeg may turn out to be a total PICADILLY PALARE, complete with an INTERESTING DRUG or two. Since NOVEMBER SPAWNED A MONSTER, June of next year should be enough fun to prove that i WILL NEVER MARRY. And since SUCH A LITTLE THING MAKES SUCH A BIG DIFFERENCE, i can attest to snazz's claim that he is THE LAST OF THE FAMOUS INTERNATIONAL PLAYBOYS. Ah, crap--you get the idea.

Pendantic Morrissey jokes aside, do you know a girl named Denise, Mr. Snazz? Hangs out at the D&D?

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Count me *IN* fore A30!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif I reserved my reservation already because of its' contract!!! icon_rolleyes.gif lmao

Ill be their be cuz i have a tent all by my-self accept for FRACTAL'S visit lol!!! icon_confused.gif but he says not too tell you be cuz Im planning it dont you know??? icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif pmpjn!!

and ranger mike is hot too!!! lol

Ok, since I had time and nobody else said they were doing it, I gave Ranger Mike a call to let him know we would like to volunteer for a service project and then have lunch afterwards.

He stated that there will be several other programs going on that day since it is Free Parks Day. He is happy to have us for a project. What time would be best to start working?

One of the programs will be in the pavilion at 3:00pm. He said we could have our lunch gathering there, but I would assume they would want us out by 2:30 at the very latest.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

Well if we work from 10-12 and lunch from 12-2 that would be a reasonable start time i think. It would also give us time to clean up the lunch stuff and be out of the way for the group coming in at 3.

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Thanks for taking the initiative! I agree with Bazzle's timing - mostly. I like 10-noon, before it gets tooo hot. I don't know how long we normally take for lunch, but it seems we could do it within a couple of hours and then retire to Geoville, I mean Yurtville, for the rest of the festivities. So long as we stay lucky with the rain we can move the picnic tables to the center if we want. There's no shade there, so should we also reserve a shaded picnic area like the one we started at last year?

Or perhaps we can create our own covered area in Yurtville with tarps and poles? I have several large tarps and am more than willing to acquire a few more, Harbor Freight has them real cheap.

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

Thanks, Sunday & Co for asking for clarification. This post must look really odd without the context! In any case, the 2004 Champoeg will be the 3rd annual (I think).

For 2002 info, check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=b0d2a32c-e2a5-4068-9076-846b30eb10f4.

For 2003 info, check out Champoeg Redux: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=68bae7e9-b28c-4688-b40f-a0e6740a3ae8 and Broken Arrow: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=f572441b-917a-4faf-8774-20192a78bb1d and Capture the Apparatus: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=25356785-e5d7-44bd-937e-eb51a0fc6036

Who knows what the 2004 event will involve?! But it will undoubtedly be an awesome weekend! The obvious testimonial is the number of people who have already made their camping reservations with the event still 8 months away.

hept-hole.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Sunnydae & Co:

What exactly is this? I'm fairly new to geocaching. Just trying to figure out what your all planning.

Another event from Champoeg 2002 was the first APPARATUS. It kind of got some of us started in other geocaching directions.

As for what we are planning... well that is generally a amoebic mess of mayhem. Plans are on the table, and everyone is welcome to join, or set up something. Its free-flow madness.

I am told, the arrest warrents have already been issued. icon_biggrin.gif

Leonata and I intend to be there. We had to decide where to allocate our money and vacation time, and Champoeg and a week in Oregon won out!

We'll likely reserve one of the cabins, so we'll be able to party in Yurtville, then go 'home' to the quiet of the other loop to sleep...

Ron/yumitori