Champoeg 2004

fractal

Who's organizing it this year? I know that Maps-r-us don't/doesn't have to do it, and i know that fractal and soup are exempt, so who does that leave? Is it too late to claim 'not-it?' Because if it isn't, and i have to do it, then you better have the underlings in bed by 10pm. You know, because i like strippers. A lot.

Anyway, we really have it scheduled for 'state parks day' this time, so that means that camping is free (barring yurts and cabins). Since it is said holiday, maybe we should consider reserving that picnic site that we've been lucky enough to get the last two years running.

I wonder what yurtville will be like this time... Considering the exponential extravegance through the last two years, i'll be surprised if no one dies next june.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

Who's organizing it this year? I know that Maps-r-us don't/doesn't have to do it, and i know that fractal and soup are exempt, so who does that leave? Is it too late to claim 'not-it?'

We're not it! Assisting with the 2003 Halloween event exempts us, doesn't it?

Wow! Washington, Oregon, and now California...

It's a west coast geo-gathering!

I suppose we can try and take over the rest of the park too... Where are those Idaho cachers?

And I am also on the 'not-it' list icon_wink.gif

But.. I do think we should have some sort of a schedule (and actually try to stick to it this time).

As usual, we can start with ivy pulling:

• 10am - Noon * Ivy pulling

Next we can have a big pot-luck lunch:

• Noon - 1:30pm * FOOD

From 1:30 - whenever, we can have a few events, one of which I hope will be a fractalSoup event. We've learned from last year, and will try to keep the event to about 1 hour.

The kids scavanger hunt was cool (and enjoyed by many), but since the schedule was messed up, it sort of got squeezed in. Let's make sure it happens on time this year.

In the evening, I know Soup will unleash the latest installment of THE APPARATUS. That will probably be around 8-ish.

Thoughts, ideas? Should we elect a timekeeper? (Not it!)

-fractal

We OWN Champoeg!!11! I am thinking, with the high percentage geocachers, that something even more extraordinary can occure next event. >insert maniacal laugh<

Anyway, its not too bad scheduling the event, as I still have most of the numbers needed to call. I was just a little overwhelmed with the Redux, The Apparatus, and Broken Arrow.

Next year: a fractalSoup event, and part 3 of the Apparatus event should keep me very busy.

Who ever wants to organize next year, just give me an email. Its really easy (the email, not the organization) heh.

I third it

After looking at the map, maybe we have enough people to run through the campground like an angry mob, wielding torches and pitchforks. Of course oregone's idea is good too. Almost was there last time.

Note to self, bring more tequila.

That doesn't smell like mud Chucko

[This message was edited by Sassquatch on September 16, 2003 at 10:10 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by familyO'foxes:

Updated!

Your girls will be in good company, there will be several young kids there. We have 3:

Samantha 7

Andrew 5 (aka Andrewfox)

Maddie 4

-Jay

Bodoni beat me to the punch on this one, but i feel that i should expand on the notion and let you all know that i am--quite possibly--the best temporary babysitter i know. How else are your children going to learn that hairspray is flammable? Or that things you find on the ground should immediately be put in your mouth? And seriously, where would your children be today if i wasn't there teaching them how to spot fake boobs?

Anyway, the only thing you need to do to 'plan' champoeg is call ranger mike and tell him we're pulling ivy, right? Everything else will just fall into place like so many domesticated-yet-newly-cautious squirrels, i think.

Ok.. So we have a pot-luck lunch on Saturday.. That's good.

How about a pot-luck style hangover brunch on Sunday?

Of course... I'm really hungry for eggs right now, so that might be influencing my suggestion. mmmm.. and bloody marys... and mimosas...

Or maybe some sort of a cook-off competition... Iron Chef style?

Off to the kitchen for a late night snack!

-fractal

quote:
Originally posted by fractal:

Or maybe some sort of a cook-off competition... Iron Chef style?

I am SO there, as long as the 'theme ingredient' is chosen by whomever is organizing this event, and in order to find said ingredient you have to run out--using your gps, of course--to kitty's grave to retrieve it.

I hope the theme ingredient is salmon, because i think i need a quick trip to the kitchen as well. or sausage. i like sausage.

quote:
Originally posted by oregone:

I hope the theme ingredient is salmon, because i think i need a quick trip to the kitchen as well. or sausage. i like sausage.

How about bacon? icon_smile.gif Mmm, bacon. icon_biggrin.gif Bacon makes everything better! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Then add some cheese.

Fractal and others in need of a late-night egg fix,

for a quick mess of scrambled eggs, I always have a carton of 'Egg Beaters' in the fridge. (I prefer southwest 'flavor'; they also have 'garden vegetable' now.) No breaking eggs--just pour, scramble and enjoy. That is if you like the taste of 'fake eggs.' My favorite is to add petite green peas, diced tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and some Tabasco. Dang, that's sounding good!

Now back to the real topic: Champoeg 2004...

--laurak

quote:
I'm also working on a new way to light up a yurt without causing spontanious combustion.

Well, that would rule out all of my ideas. I was thinking of some sort of FLAMING YURTCANO!!! Hmmm. where is Trogdor?

Oh, Kim, contact me for necessary info.

What's the difference between roast beef and pea soup? Anyone can roast beef.

I have got a well aged bottle of single malt scotch that has been just waiting for the right party icon_razz.gif

Also I think there may be a bit of a mystery to be solved. Keep an eye out for details as we get closer...

* Remember... Only you can pervert forest faeries... *

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

quote:
Originally posted by bazzle:

I have got a well aged bottle of single malt scotch that has been just waiting for the right party

Single malt? Very, very tempting, on top of an already tempting event...

I might be able to sell leonata on it, but we'll have to see. 'Course, you all have already grabbed all of the yurts, so that will hurt my chances of convincing her...

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

quote:
Originally posted by yumitori:

I might be able to sell leonata on it, but we'll have to see. 'Course, you all have already grabbed all of the yurts, so that will hurt my chances of convincing her...

Ron/yumitori

---

Remember what the dormouse said...

You could always go for a cabin. Of course that is a bit of a stagger from yurtville icon_wink.gif

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif

quote:
Originally posted by kiwimonster:

It looks like the camp hosts in A46 and A48 are going to be seriously outnumbered. We should warn them to leave town.

"It's late and we should be quiet? Everybody's here but you. Have a drink!"

http://www.kiwimonster.net/hept-hole.gif

Not to mention the unsuspecting campers in A43 and A44 icon_razz.gif

**Namaste**

pdx33.gif