New Canada souvenir

After logging a couple of caches tonight I received a Canada souvenir! Looks like attending an event this weekend isn't the only way to get a Canada-themed souvenir.

Tonight? I thought the event was on the weekend. Maybe something's gone wrong? I was thinking of driving to Glasgow on Saturday just for an event and the souvenir, but if things are that easy there's no need for it.

There is a new Canada country souvenir, and a new Canada Day souvenir.

Per the Blog

If you’ve already found a geocache in Canada, you’ll automatically receive the souvenir on your profile over the next few days. Souvenirs that are currently available can be found here. You can view which ones you’ve already earned by checking out your Souvenirs on Geocaching.com.

Don’t forget to attend any event this weekend July 1 or 2, 2017, to earn the Where’s Signal? Canada Day 2017 souvenir, too!

I have found caches in Canada. I don't have mine yet, but it seems it will take a few days to catch everyone. If your new finds were in Canada, I think that would trigger it immediately.

Edited by redsox_mark

Wow, I see a pattern there! First a Germany event and a souvenir for all of Germany, now the same for Canada. Makes me wonder if the US or Ireland are next.

Australia also has state/territory souvenirs but not an overall country souvenir.

Ah, didn't know. It's a wee bit too far from my normal travel direction :lol:

Wow, I see a pattern there! First a Germany event and a souvenir for all of Germany, now the same for Canada. Makes me wonder if the US or Ireland are next.

Australia also has state/territory souvenirs but not an overall country souvenir.

And I suspect that Australia will be the focus of the next country promotion.

Place your bets, place your bets. Who's feeling lucky?

edit to add: back to the topic at hand, my Canada souvenir percolated through today, so I've got that going for me.

Edited by hzoi

edit to add: back to the topic at hand, my Canada souvenir percolated through today, so I've got that going for me.

Got ours too for our 2015 visit.

I got my Canada sounvenir yesterday or the day before.

Curious. I just noticed that retroactive souvenirs are not given to inactive geocachers. Is there a reason for this? Deceased geocachers will continue to live in out hearts. We both found the same caches in Canada and a Project A.P.E. cache. I got the retroactive souvenirs. My deceased geocaching partner did not.

I didn't get one. However, despite the fact that I've found caches in 25 countries, and live about 3 hours from the Canadian border I have yet to find a cache in Canada.

Curious. I just noticed that retroactive souvenirs are not given to inactive geocachers. Is there a reason for this? Deceased geocachers will continue to live in out hearts. We both found the same caches in Canada and a Project A.P.E. cache. I got the retroactive souvenirs. My deceased geocaching partner did not.

I imagine it just has to do with the way the site detects whether or not someone qualifies for a souvenir.

I imagine it just has to do with the way the site detects whether or not someone qualifies for a souvenir.

I must have missed where it said: "Only available for active geocachers."

I must have missed where it said: "Only available for active geocachers."

I doubt that it was intentional. I am not a programmer so I am just speculating, but it might be that activity on the account is just what triggers the souvenirs to update. Or something like that.

But if it brings you joy to make malicious accusations about Geocaching.com discriminating against your late friend, that's cool, I guess.