caches and points of interest colliding on map

osmodion

When a cache is on top of a point of interest on the map, clicking on the cache can be difficult. Sometimes only the point of interest popup appears. Sometimes the cache popup appears, then is replaced with the point of interest. Other times the cache popup appears with no problem. It would be best if the default is the cache popup.

Example: https://www.geocaching.com/map/#?ll=43.733406,-103.840154&z=14

Odd, (to me) your example showed that you can easily click on one or the other, so I guess I just don't understand the issue. :)

We've seen very few that completely covered one or the other.

We do like to have the POIs visible, often to get our bearings when caches border different properties (a park and game lands, for example).

- Sometimes access is best from a different avenue. :)

Try switching your map preferences from Google maps (where I observed the same issue you reported) to one of the Leaflet options such as OSM (where the issue did not occur).

I've noticed this same feature in the standard google maps (not the geocaching integration). In other words, it's not a geocaching maps issue. I was trying to find directions to a restaurant in Rome that I suggested a co-worker visit during her upcoming trip and I knew there was a subway stop near by but I couldn't see it due to another feature on the map. Zooming in enough and I could see the separate icons.