Geocaching live broken on my Oregon 750t

I installed v3.33 last night and this morning when out and about I started bluetooth and Garmin Connect on my phone. I noticed Garmin Connect synched with my Oregon which it didn't do before.  I selected a random area on the map on the Oregon 700 and Geocaching Live downloaded 22 caches bundled around the centre of the screen. So it looks like it is now working for me as intended.

9 hours ago, speakers-corner said:

For those of you having Problems with the registration.

Have a look at your Firmware Version. An update has been released adressing this Problem, 3.60 works for the Oregon 700. Use the Garmin Express to install the update file.

Mine just updated to 3.60 on it's own.. Didn't need to use Express.. I guess it you have a wifi connection you're good to go?

Joe

The same issue started happening to me again too, as well as my brother. I'm on Firmware 3.60 on my Garmin Oregon 750. When I refresh to pull in the caches around me, the refresh just keeps spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning, and spinning.

It frustrating this is happening again this year.

What I Have

I have a Garmin Oregon 750.  As of Dec. 26, 2017, I am also experiencing sync issues.  I've read this post thoroughly, and have done the following to try to resolve my issues.

The Issues

First, the main issue:  Geocache Lists Wont Sync Properly.   It seems everything else is syncing, but my Geocache Lists won't function properly.  When I first start up the unit, and I have Garmin Connect up and running on my Moto X Pure Edition (Lineage OS 14.1, Build 2017-12-27), I have no issues retrieving the initial list.  I can even go back to the Geocaching Live Main Menu, then go back to the Geocaching  Lists, and they're still there.  However, when I select a list to sync, the progress dial goes on forever, instead of giving the message that basic cache information has been loaded, with details then downloading in the background.

I'll navigate back to the Geocaching Live menu, and try to access the list again.  It won't allow the list to be loaded.  I figure this is because of One, either the list is still loading, along with the details, and the progress spinner code is toasted, or Two, the GPS is not connecting via Bluetooth to Geocaching.com to retrieve the list, and the API is fried--at least with regard to my unit--for the nonce.

Things I've Done

• Reset The Oregon 750 Completely.
  • Deleted all GGZ files from ~/Garmin/GGZ on the GPS Unit.
  • Removed the Oregon 750 Authorization on my account (Premium) on Geocaching.com.
  • Re-Registered the Oregon 750 repeatedly after doing the preceding de-authorization procedure (multiple times.)
  • Restarted the GPS, and having the same problem come up again, and again, and again.

Summary and Guesses

I know that my phone's Internet connection works, and does so regularly.  I'm in a well-covered area, with a large cell tower atop a 7040' Mountain, so I know that my coverage is excellent!

I have done everything the online help files would have me do.  I have followed their instructions for setup of the various Garmin Connect and On-GPS Registration Procedures.

There is one thing that might be an issue, but I am not certain.  As stated above, I am using Lineage OS 14.1, which is the User Community continuation of the Cyanogenmod Android Firmware project.  I've been using this Android OS version for a long time now.  I had to recently downgrade to a previous release, as my phone began experiencing instability.

As this occurs somewhat regularly with Lineage OS 14.1 "Nightly Releases*," there is a small probability that my particular phone's "Bluetooth Stack" is doing something weird when connecting to the Oregon 750.  (*Really about every Two Weeks for my particular phone, known as "Clark" the "Nightly" designation is a holdover from the original project, and is, essentially, a convention, although it may have literal connotations for the newest phones.)

Prior to to last upgrade I performed to my phone, the sync was working perfectly, and I had very little issues that a restart wouldn't correct.  However, the recent downgrade (I did a complete system wipe via TWRP Recovery before install from scratch.) may have some type of Bluetooth Stack issues that make syncing to the 'net connection problematic due to interruption of the stream to Bluetooth.  Again, I hadn't had any trouble with it.  I guess I can always try one of the newer releases, prior to my problematic one, and see if that solves the problem.  I'll post back here if I do that, and it solves the problem.

That's all I have to share for now.  I'm at a loss as to why it's not working, and will contact Garmin in the morning to do some more troubleshooting.

11 minutes ago, Firefishe said:

What I Have

I have a Garmin Oregon 750.  As of Dec. 26, 2017, I am also experiencing sync issues.  I've read this post thoroughly, and have done the following to try to resolve my issues.

<SNIP> A Lot of Repetition <SNIP>

That's all I have to share for now.  I'm at a loss as to why it's not working, and will contact Garmin in the morning to do some more troubleshooting.

--UPDATE--

I just updated my phone to the latest update.  I will re-do some of the above and see if things work out.  My weather widget and radar animation seems to work, so I wonder if it's the Pocket Query portion of the API that's muffed on Geocaching.com's side of things?  (Ten to One odds?)  Nothing seems to be wrong with my system other than the Lists.

Will get back later.

34 minutes ago, Firefishe said:

--UPDATE--

I just updated my phone to the latest update.  I will re-do some of the above and see if things work out.  My weather widget and radar animation seems to work, so I wonder if it's the Pocket Query portion of the API that's muffed on Geocaching.com's side of things?  (Ten to One odds?)  Nothing seems to be wrong with my system other than the Lists.

Will get back later.

--UPDATE 2--  I'm running Firmware 3.70 on my Oregon 750 - The Geocaching Live features, the weather widget and radar animation, are all functional for a short time, then the system drops it.  I have no idea what is going on.  I don't think it's my phone's bluetooth stack.

Getting similar issues on Oregon 700. 
Running firmware 3.9.0
I have reregistered device and reset device. Deleted all existing waypoints and geocaches.
I can download Geocache Lists OK

But if I try and Sync a pocket query it failed with a "Download Failed" error :(

On 12/26/2017 at 2:40 AM, Firefishe said:

--UPDATE 2--  I'm running Firmware 3.70 on my Oregon 750 - The Geocaching Live features, the weather widget and radar animation, are all functional for a short time, then the system drops it.  I have no idea what is going on.  I don't think it's my phone's bluetooth stack.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:40 AM, Firefishe said:

--UPDATE 3--

I finally broke down and called Garmin Technical Support. This was nearly a month ago.  I was able to get everything working via a complete GPS System Reset, and deleting all Garmin Connect Files on my Moto X Pure Edition phone.

I have a problem with systems that rely too much on additional software and hardware. Why not just put a SIM Card slot on the gps and forget it? Why have to "register" a Wi-Fi connection with Garmin's Garmin Express Application so the GPS can be used with Wi-Fi?

I've found out the following: Geocaching Lists are intermittent at best on my Oregon 750, unless everything is set up EXACTLY Right, on both the GPS and the phone, with Garmin Connect. This means manually deleting "~\Garmin\GGX\Geocaches.ggx" Starting from the GPS's Internal Root Folder.

Live Map seems to work all right. I've decided that using GSAK to download all desired Pocket Queries into one large database on my Windows 7 Laptop, then uploading them via GSAK, exported as"Geocaches.ggx" (which saves it to "~\Garmin\GGX\Geocaches.ggx"), works better for me and saves time.

The current Geocaching Lists feature on the Oregon 750 takes way too long. So long as I have my phone and Garmin Connect, Live Map is functional. GSAK allows me to upload a 2800-plus-cache GGX file to the Oregon. If that isn't enough for one area, I can increase it. The GGX file size generated is trivial, unless you have more maps that would interfere with storage space.

That's my update. I'll let everyone know if my GSAK-generated *.ggx file can be made to work with the Oregon's "Geocaching List" feature.

For now, Happy Caching From,

*Firefishe*

*Caching In On The Journey*

Edited by Firefishe
Spelling