Website slow and often unresponsive

Pond Bird

I am working on my bookmark lists and noticed the site is very slow. I went to refresh the page and it says its unresponsive. But minutes later its fine. Its been doing this all day.

It's been timing out for me today, when working on Lists, especially when deleting bookmarks. It sits-n-spins, even if the actual update happened. Not just "Lists", but even when just accessing my profile. So it's not just you.

Edited by kunarion

I am working on my bookmark lists and noticed the site is very slow. I went to refresh the page and it says its unresponsive. But minutes later its fine. Its been doing this all day.

It's been timing out for me today, when working on Lists, especially when deleting bookmarks. It sits-n-spins, even if the actual update happened. Not just "Lists", but even when just accessing my profile. So it's not just you.

Well there was a global ransomware attack yesterday that impacted systems all over the world.

I had similar experience yesterday - I was solving mysteries and every time I had completed one the website froze - only way of resolving this was to close Firefox and open afresh each time

Welcome to geocaching.com... This has been one of my gripes for nearly 10 years.

Some days, it works great! Others are simply painful. It does seem to have been consistently slower than normal since they introduced the recent changes to the site though.