My Finds PQ

lefisher

I had noticed in the past that the number of my finds shown on the website is higher than that showing in my "My Finds" download. I had always assumed that this was because events weren't counted. However, today when checking on my Jasmer status (a find for every month since geocaching began) I discovered that there are at least 5 caches which do not show up in the downloaded list. For example, on 25 May I found GCF15 and this is not shown in my downloaded list - dated today 27 June. I am still 14 adrift and have no idea which ones they are. Any thoughts gratefully received.

I don't think the issue is anywhere on the website. The Project-GC stats on your profile that were generated on June 23 say you had found 3317 caches plus 10 Lab caches, for a total of 3327 finds. You've logged 4 caches since that date, which matches your current count of 3331 finds.

What are you doing with the result of the My Finds PQ? Are you loading it into third-party software like GSAK? If so, maybe a setting there is preventing some of the caches from being loaded. Try loading it into a new database and see if the missing caches show up. You could also open the My Finds GPX file in a text editor and do a search for GCF15 to see if it's present in the file.

I'll ask the stupid question.

You are running the Special "My Finds" PQ, and not setting a Standard PQ to show 'Caches I have found' aren't you?

That thought crossed my mind too, but I figured for someone with over 3000 finds over the course of 6 years, the number of archived caches that wouldn't be returned by a regular PQ would most likely be far more than 14. I think we can safely assume that they're using the special My Finds PQ.

I'll ask the stupid question.

You are running the Special "My Finds" PQ, and not setting a Standard PQ to show 'Caches I have found' aren't you?

That thought crossed my mind too, but I figured for someone with over 3000 finds over the course of 6 years, the number of archived caches that wouldn't be returned by a regular PQ would most likely be far more than 14. I think we can safely assume that they're using the special My Finds PQ.

Yes, I have been running the special "My Finds" PQ. I think someone earlier may have pointed to the problem. I use GSAK to see the PQ so perhaps it is some setting in there that is the problem. I have already searched GSAK on the GC code and the 5 special Jasmer caches weren't in there. I wondered if it was something to do with them being very old caches. I'll have another look and thank you to everyone who commented.