Bug logs on unpublished caches are published

the Seagnoid

This is not exactly a bug but does need to be treated like one. The Profile > Community view shows all logs generated from friends, including logs on unpublished caches. Although we cannot see the log details, we can see the unpublished cache's name, and that in some cases will be enough to find the cache before it has been published.

Please change the community view to only show logs from friends on published caches.

My understanding is that the Seagnoid is talking about logs to unpublished caches, presumably logs by Geocaching.com Friends to their own unpublished cache; a Reviewer note or Write Note would be my expectation.

Harry Dolphin is talking about finds on retracted caches.

Edited by palmetto

My understanding is that the Seagnoid is talking about logs to unpublished caches, presumably logs by Geocaching.com Friends to their own unpublished cache; a Reviewer note or Write Note would be my expectation.

Harry Dolphin is talking about finds on retracted caches.

Correct - I am talking about caches that have yet to be published. So for example, a posted coordinates log, generated when the cache is sent to the reviewer, will show up here.

No thanks. I have two finds on caches that were unpublished after I found them. They are part of my history.

I am talking about before the cache is first published!

Well, how silly of me! You said 'unpublished caches'. The retracted caches that I found are listed as 'unpublished'. Shipping and Trucking.

I guess you should be more specific? You asked about 'unpublished caches'. This is a cache that I found that was 'retracted' and is listed as 'unpublished'. (Probably because I complained that it was removed from my finds.) So, it fits your original question: Unpublished caches. Not my problem if you are not specific in your original post.

Thanks for reporting this, the Segnoid. We have this issue at the top of our backlog - we'll be hiding any activity on unpublished caches from friends soon.

Thanks. I think "top of the backlog" is where the issue belongs. Our reviewers here require that every puzzle cache submitted for review has a Reviewer Note, where the owner explains how the puzzle is to be solved. For some puzzles, it would have been really helpful to read this note ;) .

This is not exactly a bug but does need to be treated like one. The Profile > Community view shows all logs generated from friends, including logs on unpublished caches. Although we cannot see the log details, we can see the unpublished cache's name, and that in some cases will be enough to find the cache before it has been published.

... Not my problem if you are not specific in your original post.

:D

Back to the topic: this issue was already reported by Sherminator18 five days ago.

... Not my problem if you are not specific in your original post.

:D

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.