Feedback to new Logging & Drafts Pages

PHIL

I noticed some limitations with the new Logging & Drafts Pages and like to give some feedback:

New Logging Page

- Re-open Log page no more possible

I regularly write very detailed logs and while writing I need to open several other websites for example with translations, cache listings, friends logs, photo-collections etc.. Sometimes it happens that I close the wrong website-tab - that one with my log-text. With the old logging page it was easily possible to re-open that page in firefox and the written text was still there. With the new page you can re-open the page and you see your written text for half a second before it gets replaced by "Share your story! ...". Please fix that. It is so annoying to loose an text you wrote for half an hour.

- Related Idea

an other possible solutions for the issue described before would be to save the written text regularly every few minutes. That would give also give easy possibility to begin a log one and complete it later (which is already possible in the app but not on the website).

- Attaching Photos

I like the new possibility to add photos direct with logging but I would like to add a name the photos while that.

All my photos are named or described and its not easy to search, open and edit the log to add a name to every photo after logging.

New Drafts page

- New Window

I don't like that writing a log over the new drafts page is opening a new window. When you click on back to drafts after logging you end this one open drafts-window/tab for every log.

Missing Link

- I would like to get also a like to the cache listing, not only to the logging page

Bad visible Logtype

- when I have hundreds of drafts I like to log DNFs and needs Maintenance first, before I take time to log the founds later. But with the text-only view of Logtype it's very difficult to find that logs between hundred found-its.It was much easier with the smily-icons before.

Edited by PHIL

I noticed some limitations with the new Logging & Drafts Pages and like to give some feedback:

New Logging Page

- Re-open Log page no more possible

I regularly write very detailed logs and while writing I need to open several other websites for example with translations, cache listings, friends logs, photo-collections etc.. Sometimes it happens that I close the wrong website-tab - that one with my log-text. With the old logging page it was easily possible to re-open that page in firefox and the written text was still there. With the new page you can re-open the page and you see your written text for half a second before it gets replaced by "Share your story! ...". Please fix that. It is so annoying to loose an text you wrote for half an hour.

- Related Idea

an other possible solutions for the issue described before would be to save the written text regularly every few minutes. That would give also give easy possibility to begin a log one and complete it later (which is already possible in the app but not on the website).

- Attaching Photos

I like the new possibility to add photos direct with logging but I would like to add a name the photos while that.

All my photos are named or described and its not easy to search, open and edit the log to add a name to every photo after logging.

New Drafts page

- New Window

I don't like that writing a log over the new drafts page is opening a new window. When you click on back to drafts after logging you end this one open drafts-window/tab for every log.

Missing Link

- I would like to get also a like to the cache listing, not only to the logging page

Bad visible Logtype

- when I have hundreds of drafts I like to log DNFs and needs Maintenance first, before I take time to log the founds later. But with the text-only view of Logtype it's very difficult to find that logs between hundred found-its.It was much easier with the smily-icons before.

Thank you very much for the thoughtful and thorough feedback. We are continuing to make improvements based feedback from the community, stay tuned for updates!

I was just logging a trackable and appreciating the formatting bar - just like the one I see above this text box. I wish the new(ish) cache logging page had a formatting bar too. Since I don't use MarkDown enough to have it memorized, I sometimes use http://www.toptensoftware.com/markdowndeep/dingus to create a fancy log. But it would be convenient to have the formatting bar right on the cache logging page, as it is on the trackable logging page. Thanks for all you do!