Officer promotion

If only one of five officers is active in a group and if that one officer is not the leader, can that one officer promote a regular member to officer?

I am trying the same thing in a category I belong - I went ahead and put two regular members up for officer vote. Vote is over in three days. Takes 66% of the voting members to promote. My category vote will be over tomorrow.

Good Luck.

If only one of five officers is active in a group and if that one officer is not the leader, can that one officer promote a regular member to officer?

Unfortunately, the only way for the lone active officer to promote a regular member is to initiate a vote to promote, which requires 66% officer approval to pass. With the lone officer out of five being most likely the only vote, it of course, would fail. Just one of many downsides to Waymarking's category group processes. Your best bet is to message a Waymarking administrator like Waywizard and request their assistance.

Good luck.

Please let me/us know how it goes. I am particularly curious about whether a single vote (yours) might result in a promotion-by-default. In other words, if you are the only one to vote in that three day period, is the vote automatically a promotion?

Edited by elyob

Please let me/us know how it goes. I am particularly curious about whether a single vote (yours) might result in a promotion-by-default. In other words, if you are the only one to vote in that three day period, is the vote automatically a promotion?

No. Again, a 66% vote approval is required. A lone vote would fail.

Hi Doug,

a lone vote wouldn't fail (as long as you vote 'yea'). The only thing you have to do, after three days, is freeing the vote by checking the group page.

Regards,

-lumbricus

Hi Doug,

a lone vote wouldn't fail (as long as you vote 'yea'). The only thing you have to do, after three days, is freeing the vote by checking the group page.

Regards,

-lumbricus

I was able to get two regular members promoted to Officers with my single vote. It took three days of waiting, but at least there are a couple of new officers to help out.