Cache published, but unpublished

One of my geocaches, GC7794P, is not showing on the app.

It was published 2 days ago and mails whent out and everything. The cache shows on geocaching.com and on c:geo, but it doesn't show on the officialgeocaching app.

And if I switch to the new dashboard, I get a message that I have an unpublished cache.

This cache was sent in and published the same time as 6 other caches in the same area, no problems with the others.

What can I do? Can anyone help me?

Interesting. I see it as published on the site, but when I ask under my admin account to see GStrike79 unpublished caches, I'm shown GC7794P, obviously published!

If no one from Geocaching HQ logs to this thread, or it doesn't self correct, you need to contact staff. It's a bug outside my expertise, for sure. Nothing unusual shows up on the cache page or in logs.

Wait a day or two, then email staff using the Help Center contact us form.

It is not just you. One of the other reviewers and I were discussing this the other day. There appears to be some sort of disconnect between things at the moment.

Old search sorted by newest publication, your cache shows up (19th cache on list at the time I post this).

New search sorted by newest publication, your cache does NOT shows up.

It did seem to take a couple of days for something to sync for the other cache I mentioned to show up on both places. My guess is this is the same thing.

That said, it does appear to be an issue, especially if you can't see it on the app.

Follow up, I had an idea.

I'm wondering if the new systems are all using the API to get its data. I say this as I tried pulling this cache in GSAK via the API and I get an error that it is not a valid cache. I got the gpx from the cache page and it loaded fine. I then tried to refresh it via the API and same error. Other side of the coin is that the API is getting its data through the same route as these other new systems.

I got told by a geocacher here in Norway that he was unable to get the cache on cachetur.no, a site which use the same API.

but doesn't c:geo also use that API?

Just throwing thoughts out now, really don't know anything about these things...

All I know is that I need this cache up and running on Saturday, several of possible new geocachers are supposed to test this route...

c:geo does not use the API. It is not an authorized Geocaching Live! API partner application. It's an unauthorized screen scraping app.

So, let's continue the problem solving without reference to that app, except for acknowledging that your findings help confirm that the issue lies within the API.

Thanks for posting about the problem. It seems that your cache got caught in a temporary glitch with our search indexer. I notified the API team and they kicked off a re-index. I'm now able to view your cache in the official app. Please let me know if you're not able to.

Some time back I noticed that the old ap would not show a cache that was published but had not been found (using a simple search of nearby caches). As soon as there was a Found log, the new cache would appear along with any other cache. Always made me think there was a kink in the query. I don't have the old ap any more so I don't know if that would still apply. I dont know if this would apply to the new ap, as I rarely use it.

Thanks for posting about the problem. It seems that your cache got caught in a temporary glitch with our search indexer. I notified the API team and they kicked off a re-index. I'm now able to view your cache in the official app. Please let me know if you're not able to.

The cache is showing now. Thanks alot!! 😊