Logging PMO cache by basic members...has this changed?

Trekkin' and birdin'

We had the "back door" approach to logging a PMO cache so that our grandkids could log such caches under their own accounts. We were trying to help our grandson catch up on some find logs and the method, if it still exists, seems to have changed from what we had. I don't want a big debate about PMO v. non-PMO, I'd just like to know if the rules on this have changed, or if there's a new back door. The one we were using was to go to a non-PMO cache, change the "ID" to the target cache and log. The url that shows is now different and we've tried a couple things, only to get the 404 error. Thanks.

Just tested it out on a basic member account we have. Actually went through the new logging system, just using the GC ID. Although I got a "This is a Premium Members Only" screen when I submitted the log, it did show that I had found the cache when I went to my profile, and when I checked the cache page using this profile, the log showed up.

So it would seem the back door remains available even with the new logging system. Try opting in to the "new logging experience" with one of your grandkid's accounts and give it a try.

Has this non premium member logging posibility been canceled now?

Ussing the mentioned links to sign a premium cache we have realized that the logging options are DNF, Needs Maintenance, Write note, etc, but the Found It option has disappeared or is not anymore enabled.

So... Has the "back door" finally been closed? 

Regards

11 minutes ago, Madame V said:

Ok.  I'm trying to log my kids on a premium cache that we found together.  It's not giving me the found option.  Only note, maintenance, dnf, and archived.  I just did one a few weeks ago, and now it won't let me.

As allrounder suggested, check which account is logged in. The log options you listed are what you'd see if the currently-logged-in account had already logged a find on the cache.

40 minutes ago, Madame V said:

Ok.  I'm trying to log my kids on a premium cache that we found together.  It's not giving me the found option.  Only note, maintenance, dnf, and archived.  I just did one a few weeks ago, and now it won't let me.

From your kid's account, go to Geocaching Admin, type in the GC# of the pmo cache , then hit Log.  Write a log  for a found it for your kids.  :)

You can't claim a found it on an account that found it already. 

• Upvote 1