Release Notes (Website only, Dashboard) - June 20, 2017

39 minutes ago, HiddenGnome said:

You make a great point! I focused in on the wrong piece of information and had not yet had a chance to look closer, but you are correct that the Community feed only shows the last 7 days. 

However, the confusion comes from the fact that in this scenario we are showing a message that says "You haven't logged anything in the last 30 days." I will make sure that gets updated to "7 days" when viewing the community version of the feed so it is aligned with the functionality.

I didn't realize the Community feed is only 7 days. I'm glad it's working as expected and it's just the message that's confusing. Now I suppose I should find some more caches and make the message disappear!

4 hours ago, HiddenGnome said:

However, the confusion comes from the fact that in this scenario we are showing a message that says "You haven't logged anything in the last 30 days." I will make sure that gets updated to "7 days" when viewing the community version of the feed so it is aligned with the functionality.

I assume you'll also make sure it says "Your friends haven't logged anything" instead of "You haven't logged anything".

1 hour ago, dprovan said:

I assume you'll also make sure it says "Your friends haven't logged anything" instead of "You haven't logged anything".

If that message is showing up then neither you nor your friends have logged anything so it is technically correct to say "you". :D

I will make a note to check on the copy for that message since we will be in there making updates already.

Can I go back to the cache order issue. I have just logged a long series using GSAK in the correct order. I realised that I had not put in some comments into the final cache of the series, so edited the log and now it appears as the first cache that I did that day, in every list that I can see. I cannot understand why editing a log should cause it to change position in the list. I am very careful to log caches in the right order and I now find that my cache list is a mess (this is not the first time it has happened recently).

Surely date and log ID should be the two sort orders - which is what I think it always was - why has it changed? 

Edited by SkiCycle

Playing with the dashboard, and I turned off Community. However, I'm still seeing the trackables my friends discovered and the notes they wrote. The second photo still has Community off and is listing a whack of a friends trackable discoveries. I'm guessing this is a glitch.

This also illustrates why I want to be able to turn off trackables. I may want to follow my friends, but why do I need to see all this?

EDIT: actually looking at the first photo again. I see it's also listing geocaches  found by my friends. It's just not including their names making it look like I found them twice.  

IMG_0137.PNG

IMG_0138.PNG

Edited by geoBirder

Having used the new dashboard for a few months now I'm sort of getting used to it, but it's far less useful than the old style dashboard.

Please show more detail in the recent activity section, at the moment these sections only show the cache name, I would like to see the cache name, type , CO name, and the D/T for all activity items.

Please make the cache name a clickable link to the cache page, and a view log link to go straight to the log.  

• Upvote 2