3 traditionals and a final puzzle

Lacomo

I would like to place a series of 4 caches with 3 of them being traditionals and a #4 puzzle cache where they would have to solve a puzzle to get coords for final puzzle cache. To solve the puzzle they would have to gather info from the first 3 traditional caches. I would have to somehow have the puzzle cache coords wrong so they they couldn't go to it without solving the puzzle.

When I go to list the final Puzzle/Multi cache it wants coords from the first stages of the multi which would be my first 3 traditional caches. Will this work when I try to submit it? If not how can I do it? I think I have found cashes like this before but don't know how to do one.

This is commonly called a "series bonus cache." You would select "Mystery" as the cache type for the final location, not "Multi-Cache." For a Mystery cache you can post "bogus" coordinates, like in the middle of a lake, or for convenient parking, etc. Then, in your cache description, you explain that the coordinates for the actual cache location can be found by visiting the three traditional caches.

Two cautions: first, you cannot delete a find on the Mystery cache if the geocacher signed the logbook, but did not visit all three of the traditionals. Maybe they guessed lucky, maybe they teamed up with a friend - it doesn't matter. Second, you cannot string several mystery caches together ("find cache 1 to learn the coordinates for cache 2, find cache 2 to learn the coordinates for cache 3" etc.). This is called "daisy chaining" and is not allowed under the listing guidelines, as explained in this Help Center article. What you described sounds just fine!

This is commonly called a "series bonus cache." You would select "Mystery" as the cache type for the final location, not "Multi-Cache." For a Mystery cache you can post "bogus" coordinates, like in the middle of a lake, or for convenient parking, etc. Then, in your cache description, you explain that the coordinates for the actual cache location can be found by visiting the three traditional caches.

Two cautions: first, you cannot delete a find on the Mystery cache if the geocacher signed the logbook, but did not visit all three of the traditionals. Maybe they guessed lucky, maybe they teamed up with a friend - it doesn't matter. Second, you cannot string several mystery caches together ("find cache 1 to learn the coordinates for cache 2, find cache 2 to learn the coordinates for cache 3" etc.). This is called "daisy chaining" and is not allowed under the listing guidelines, as explained in this Help Center article. What you described sounds just fine!

Thanka a bunch, that's what I needed to know.