Travel Bug's race

Zoidrums

Hi,

I want to start, with some friends, a TB's race. I've seen thant the website http://www.tb-run.com seemes to manage this kind of project but I can't start a new race (I always have an error message telling me that the goal cache does not exist).

Does anyone know how to make something like this website do?

- register some TB in a race

- set a goal in a choosen geocache

- calculate the distance to the goal

- rank the different TB by the calculated distance

Thanks in advance for your answer

--

Zoidrums

That TB run site hasn't been active for over a year.

All Trackable "races" that we know of, goals and such were started by a person in a group as a fun, casual race, , and they all just placed their Trackable at the same time.

- None of the Trackable races we know of finished with more than one Trackable making it's goal, so "ranking" seemed to be who's lasted the longest before missing.

I guess your mileage may vary...

Sure there is. Create a topic in the appropriate regional forum here, or create your own facebook group, or what have you.

Pick a starting point (can be the same cache, or even an event), come up with some rules, and open up to folks who are interested in participating.

If you click the link to watch all of the TBs in the race, it should be easy to follow along with their progress; you can post periodic updates to wherever you've determined the "race HQ" is.

Sure there is. Create a topic in the appropriate regional forum here, or create your own facebook group, or what have you.

Pick a starting point (can be the same cache, or even an event), come up with some rules, and open up to folks who are interested in participating.

If you click the link to watch all of the TBs in the race, it should be easy to follow along with their progress; you can post periodic updates to wherever you've determined the "race HQ" is.

+1

The first for our area went through our local caching site, members set up an active thread on it, and set 'em loose.

They do that stuff once in a while on faceboook now.

Myself and four friends did our own Travel Bug Race, we all registered our TB with the same mission - to see who can travel the most miles between Feb. 29, 2015 and Feb 28, 2016. We all activated our TB the same day, Feb 29. Then we met for lunch on Feb 28 the following year, had lunch and looked at the distance each had travelled. We were able to "watch" each other's progress, it was fun. All our TB were still active at the end of the race, so we just updated their missions to keep them moving.

I've run several races using the tb-run.com site.  Everyone is able to follow the race and see where there bug is compared to everyone else.  Currently, there seems to be a problem on the site which was hopefully going to be fixed in a few hours.  Not sure when it will get back up.  I hope soon as I am wrapping up my last race.