SE Mass need help for a small event in August

Mewlip

I have been approached by the city of New Bedford to run a Letterboxing / Geocaching hybrid event during the AHA night on August 10th.

the goal is to educate people about geocaching and letter boxing, encourage more people to enjoy the outdoors, and encourage land stewardship.

there will be an info table on both activities, with examples of caches and letterboxes- a stamp carving without a blade activity for those with young children

we may have access to run the you tube informational videos for the public,

and it can be listed as a small event for the purposes of geocaching and letter boxing because its only from 5-9 pm,

unless I get permission to extend the time earlier for the letter boxing/geocaching community.

its right near the National Parks Visitor Center B)

I asked permission to create a hybrid event with the letter boxing geocaching community and they said yes!

so I have site, and city permission, free parking,

what I could use is some help with

is support in general.

carvers or planers for event caches/boxes and anyone else willing to help with anything.

suggestions are very welcome.

I know theres usually food & drink involved, but the event is open to the public

and a lot of places have free food and drink,

and the city encourages the participants to support the community partners (like placing an event letterbox is the local coffee shops et al

and anyone wanting to lend a hand in general to make it fun for everyone because I've never done this before.

I'm carving a special event stamp for the letterbox, (there are NO letterboxes nearby) I'm running the table and there are 3 geo caches downtown already

in case you need the information

AHA night is always FREE and parking for AHA nights is always free in the garages and on the street after 5 unless otherwise noted

events are FREE so its an added bonus in addition to caching and boxing there is a lot of free activities going on.

the theme AUGUST 10 is JAMMIN’ IN THE STREETS

http://www.ahanewbedford.org/contact.php

thank you for all your help!