Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Sir_Hab

Using Gsak

Hello all:

First off I use a Magellan 610 not a Garmin?

I think I have making a list on Geocaching.com down, then I can change that list to a PQ, then I can get that PQ onto Gsak and last I getting that list onto my GPS I only can get the way points and names, I can't get the info that a premium member normally got when using that awesome sent to GPS button.

So my question{s} how can a get the description, hints and lats 10 logs onto GPS - Thanks

Hello all:

I think I have making a list on Geocaching.com down, then I can change that list to a PQ, then I can get that PQ onto Gsak and last I getting that list onto my GPS I only can get the way points and names, I can't get the info that a premium member normally got when using that awesome sent to GPS button.

So my question{s} how can a get the description, hints and lats 10 logs onto GPS - Thanks

You do most of those steps automatically within GSAK, with a couple of clicks. Ask here: http://www.gsak.net/board/

Or you copy the unzipped PQ files manually into the appropriate folders on the GPSr, without any special software. One or the other.

Edited by kunarion

Hello all:

I guess you didn't "run" the PQ but used "preview" and downloaded the LOC file.

Set a day to run the PQ and save your settings, then wait for the email telling you the PQ is ready. Return to the PQ page and download the ZIP file. You can the "drag" the zipfile to GSAK and you will have all info.

Hello all:

Set a day to run the PQ and save your settings, then wait for the email telling you the PQ is ready. Return to the PQ page and download the ZIP file. You can the "drag" the zipfile to GSAK and you will have all info.

GSAK is able to get the files direct from Groundspeak, via the API. :)

Still can't get the HINT and DESCRIPTION to my GPS ?????

Please help -

First things first. Do you see the hints and descriptions in GSAK? If you don't, it won't be visible in your GPSr as well.

Did you read and follow the message by on4bam? You really have to run the PQ and import the zip file!!

Thanks for all the help, hints description and all other info transferred on last try WOOT !!

On 6/15/2017 at 1:10 PM, on4bam said:

You can make this work. If you "Refresh" these caches, GSAK will flesh them out with with all of the normal cache information. Limited to 6,000 per day, of course.