A Waymarking EVENT!

I know there have been discussions about Waymarking Events here in the forum in the past. Comments were made about there not being enough Waymarkers in an area to make an Event feasible. I also know that many Waymarkers are also Geocachers, and Geocachers sometimes travel long distances to attend Mega-Events.

I have volunteered to host a Waymarking Event in north Texas on the weekend of March 10, 2018. Benchmark Blasterz and TerraViators will be joining me as co-hosts.

The Waymarking Event is being scheduled in conjunction with the 16th Annual TXGA Texas Challenge & Festival. (See GC71QAW) The Texas Challenge is a Mega-Event held on the weekend of March 10, 2018, in Denton, TX (Located on the north side of the Dallas / Fort Worth metropolis.)

The Waymarking Event will be held sometime during the same weekend. Date and Time are pending scheduling with other Events.

There are 38 Waymarks in 25 Categories within one mile.

There are 11,829 Waymarks within 100 miles.

I plan to set up a Waymarking Booth that will be open during the Weekend to welcome you and give you an area to sit and discuss Waymarking. I will have my Waymark Sticker Seeker Sticker (WM17E7) with me. Don't forget to bring your Sticker or Pin.

What else can we put on the schedule for the Weekend, or for the Event?

I know there have been discussions about Waymarking Events here in the forum in the past. Comments were made about there not being enough Waymarkers in an area to make an Event feasible. I also know that many Waymarkers are also Geocachers, and Geocachers sometimes travel long distances to attend Mega-Events.

I have volunteered to host a Waymarking Event in north Texas on the weekend of March 10, 2018. Benchmark Blasterz and TerraViators will be joining me as co-hosts.

The Waymarking Event is being scheduled in conjunction with the 16th Annual TXGA Texas Challenge & Festival. (See GC71QAW) The Texas Challenge is a Mega-Event held on the weekend of March 10, 2018, in Denton, TX (Located on the north side of the Dallas / Fort Worth metropolis.)

The Waymarking Event will be held sometime during the same weekend. Date and Time are pending scheduling with other Events.

There are 38 Waymarks in 25 Categories within one mile.

There are 11,829 Waymarks within 100 miles.

I plan to set up a Waymarking Booth that will be open during the Weekend to welcome you and give you an area to sit and discuss Waymarking. I will have my Waymark Sticker Seeker Sticker (WM17E7) with me. Don't forget to bring your Sticker or Pin.

Sounds like fun. I'll check my schedule to see if I can get a few days off. Gives me an excuse to get a Whataburger and go to a Buc-ee's, also!

I have spent lot of time and effort creating waymarks in Garland to fill my icon grid. Let me look around in Deniton and see what icons are up there already, and maybe create a few in the tougher categories. I know there are a lot of Texas Historic markers and NRHP waymarks in Denton. There are also waymarks in Nike Missile Sites, Out of Place Graves, American Civil War Monuments and Memorials, Comic Book Stores, Upping Stones, Vintage Gas Stations, and Retired Prisons there -- just to mention a few of the rarer categories that I recall being up there off the top of my head, at midnight, :lol: LOL

Penciling it in my schedule.

I'd love to meet more waymarkers, since I've only gotten to meet two so far, and those were fun "micro" events.

Shoot - lunch at your place was pretty awesome! I'm still trying to figure out how you arranged that Pileated Woodpecker to show up near your back door! :)

On 6/12/2017 at 0:50 AM, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

is there going to be a place for a seminar? Slide show of "Good vs Bad" waymarks. Discuss why this write up is poor, this one is good. Why these pictures are poor, these are good. What the reviewers are looking for.

On 6/12/2017 at 11:34 PM, Benchmark Blasterz said:

I have spent lot of time and effort creating waymarks in Garland to fill my icon grid. Let me look around in Deniton and see what icons are up there already, and maybe create a few in the tougher categories. I know there are a lot of Texas Historic markers and NRHP waymarks in Denton. There are also waymarks in Nike Missile Sites, Out of Place Graves, American Civil War Monuments and Memorials, Comic Book Stores, Upping Stones, Vintage Gas Stations, and Retired Prisons there -- just to mention a few of the rarer categories that I recall being up there off the top of my head, at midnight, :lol: LOL

Safe Place Havens, Kroger markets,

The Waymarking Event has not been forgotten. The committee for the 2018 Texas Challenge is still organizing locations and times.

I know we can't have a separate Event at the same time as other Events on that Weekend. That is against Groundspeak Rules. There will be a registration/Welcome Event Friday evening. The Challenge Event is Saturday from 9:00 am until 2 or 4 pm. Awards Event will be Saturday Evening. Sunday morning probably Breakfast Event followed by CITO Event. I'm hoping to get squeezed in for a 1-hour Event late Saturday afternoon for socializing with other Waymarkers who may have chosen to compete in the Challenge.

While the main Challenge competition is occurring from 10am-??? on Saturday, I may be able to set up a Waymarking training class.

I will have a designated Waymarking Booth set up Friday Evening and Saturday.

13 hours ago, 8Nuts MotherGoose said:

The Waymarking Event has not been forgotten. The committee for the 2018 Texas Challenge is still organizing locations and times.

I know we can't have a separate Event at the same time as other Events on that Weekend. That is against Groundspeak Rules. There will be a registration/Welcome Event Friday evening. The Challenge Event is Saturday from 9:00 am until 2 or 4 pm. Awards Event will be Saturday Evening. Sunday morning probably Breakfast Event followed by CITO Event. I'm hoping to get squeezed in for a 1-hour Event late Saturday afternoon for socializing with other Waymarkers who may have chosen to compete in the Challenge.

While the main Challenge competition is occurring from 10am-??? on Saturday, I may be able to set up a Waymarking training class.

I will have a designated Waymarking Booth set up Friday Evening and Saturday.

Include us IN :)