If anyone is bored.

slinger91

Doug and I spent Friday evening through Monday morning in Slinger's neck of the woods, and had a ball! We were impressed with the laid back feel of it all, and how empty the forest was once you got out of town. We like that. Ya' have some really great backroads around there, and absolutely gorgeous forests!

Doug went to the all-you-can-eat oyster dinner and couldn't stop raving about the tasty fresh oysters and crab. We were interested in checking out the oyster shucking, but it was held during prime caching time, so you know which one one out!

Now I have MANY caches to log, must be going... --laurak

Temporarily French Polynesia's most prolific geocachers!

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

Doug and I spent Friday evening through Monday morning in Slinger's neck of the woods, and had a ball! We were impressed with the laid back feel of it all, and how empty the forest was once you got out of town. We like that. Ya' have some really great backroads around there, and absolutely _gorgeous_ forests!

I planned on stopping by on the way to Seattle. On hwy 6 a waypoint popped up on my GPS and I checked it out. cache It had no logs so I went for the first find. I was the fourth log! You guys couldn't sign in because you weren't home yet and two others found it the same day. At least I beat Slinger. I never made it to the Oyster fest because the hunt made me late for the Mariners/Twins game.

quote:
Originally posted by dasein:

Doug went to the all-you-can-eat oyster dinner and couldn't stop raving about the tasty fresh oysters and crab.

Ummm... nobody mentioned the all you can eat oysters. That would have been worth putting up with all the traffic. Double darn nabbit!!! icon_frown.gif

19973_600.gif

The adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup