Missing Waymark

According to the "maps" page in my profile I have visited one waymark in Liechtenstein. I see that there are 99 waymarks in Liechtenstein, but when I activate the radio button "Waymarks I've Visited" in the Search Criteria, I get no results. I assume, that the waymark has been archived, but is there any chance to find out, what it was?

I guess, they might show up under "My Visits" if the navigation was not messed up there. I have only one visit to an archived waymark I know of, but it is on a page I cannot reach (if it's there at all, I cannot test).

I have no other idea.

As fi67 suggests, check your My Visits button. However, that list only goes back 1000 visits. I suspect that a visit to an archived waymark may not appear in the My Visits lists. Your Liechtenstein visit may have been a waymark that was denied after having been approved. That would complicate your search for the missing waymark.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

I tried the "My visits" link, but the navigation doesn't work in any of my browsers. I just reach pages 1-20 and the last 3 (41-43) and that's not near the Liechtenstein visit.

And no, I've never had a different alias.

Meanwhile I remembered that I have most of my visits in my GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) database. Fortunately, the missing waymark is also in the database. It is http://www.Waymarking.com/waymarks/WM4VF8

But now we have a new mystery. The waymark has 17 visits, but a note on top of the page says: This waymark has been denied by the category group. Seems like the waymark had been approved, received the visits and has then been removed by the category group. I just wonder why. I guess I will send a note to the owner and maybe he knows why.

REQUIRED:The long description MUST contain a physical description of the building, AND its location. A good faith attempt must be made to provide historical, architectural and other relevant information about the building.

There is no text in the long description.

I am glad that you solved the mystery of the waymark identity.

Edited by elyob

Five years after it was approved, the waymark was denied. I have had my own submissions to this category denied due to a weak description. That is appropriate.

However, I still don't know what to think of waymarks (in any category) that can be retro-denied after so many quality visits with quality log entries.

Edited by elyob

Five years after it was approved, the waymark was denied. I have had my own submissions to this category denied due to a weak description. That is appropriate.

However, I still don't know what to think of waymarks (in any category) that can be retro-denied after so many quality visits with quality log entries.

I don't know the reason for the denial, but I guess it was not the quality. As far as I know, this building is not a town hall at all. It is the Liechtenstein Parliament. Maybe a visitor informed the officers about the mistake, I don't think any officer would reevaluate very old waymarks without good reasons.

I wouldn't disturb the status quo. If the denied waymark becomes an archived waymark, I suspect that you will lose your only visit in that country.

The story is: In 2010 we were not that interested in Waymarking. So we just visited this one waymark to have at least one visit in Liechtenstein. A little later we lost almost all the photos of this year in a hard-disk crash and so I was afraid that we will really loose this country in our statistics. But fortunately we did some geocaches in Liechtenstein and I uploaded a photo of the Vaduz castle for an Earth cache and now I can use this photo to visit one or two other waymarks in Liechtenstein. I love when stories have a happy end. :-)