New app iPhone

I am experimenting and getting used to the new geocaching.com app for iPhone. There is one feature that is driving me nuts because I can't figure it out.

When driving to a cache, for example, down an expressway or walking a trail, the map shows as if I were going backwards. In others words, instead of it showing the blue dot (me) moving in the direction I am moving, it actually shows I am moving just the opposite. The app does not rotate in direction I am moving as the old app did.

What do I need to do to show proper direction I am moving? Thanks much.

Cissy

I am experimenting and getting used to the new geocaching.com app for iPhone. There is one feature that is driving me nuts because I can't figure it out.

When driving to a cache, for example, down an expressway or walking a trail, the map shows as if I were going backwards. In others words, instead of it showing the blue dot (me) moving in the direction I am moving, it actually shows I am moving just the opposite. The app does not rotate in direction I am moving as the old app did.

Cissy

Hi there! Try tapping the "target" icon at the top right of the map twice until it shows as green with a compass pointer in it. That will make the map swivel with you as you turn. Hopefully that's what you're looking for.

Cissy

Hi there! Try tapping the "target" icon at the top right of the map twice until it shows as green with a compass pointer in it. That will make the map swivel with you as you turn. Hopefully that's what you're looking for.

Thank you. That is what I'm looking for. I have done that but maybe I just got impatient and stabbed at it too fast ha ha ha. Thanks!! I'll try that again :-)

Cissy

Thank you. That is what I'm looking for. I have done that but maybe I just got impatient and stabbed at it too fast ha ha ha. Thanks!! I'll try that again :-)

Oops, I was clicking on the other icon very top LEFT. I briefly saw the "target" which looks like a little compass on the RIGHT top. I tapped it and it disappeared. iPhone did not rotate. The actually compass view does. So, I tried another cache on the map, but the target icon top right did not appear at all on map view. I have rarely seen that icon on upper right. Are we talking about same thing? Lol

Edited by Cissy PSP

Cissy

Oops, I was clicking on the other icon very top LEFT. I briefly saw the "target" which looks like a little compass on the RIGHT top. I tapped it and it disappeared. iPhone did not rotate. The actually compass view does. So, I tried another cache on the map, but the target icon top right did not appear at all on map view. I have rarely seen that icon on upper right. Are we talking about same thing? Lol

Ok, finally figured out what you are talking about. My "target" thingie is upper LEFT corner. I tap it twice and I get the green arrow pointing correctly. I tried it on my iPad and it rotates! Yay! However, my iPhone still does not rotate using that same "target" (upper left corner). I get it to turn green with little arrow pointing correctly. But if I need to east, for example, phone will not rotate to show I am moving in that direction. It's stuck on whatever it feels like.

I'll learn to live with it, but it's frustrating. I was using it yesterday while on foot. Cache indicator showed cache up ahead. As I walked along, my blue dot was moving backwards towards destination. I'd have to turn phone upside down to show I was walking in correct direction. ACKKK lol.

Thanks for your help! I'm assuming my iPhone 6 Plus just isn't adjusting well to this lovely new app. ;)

Ok, finally figured out what you are talking about. My "target" thingie is upper LEFT corner.

Oh, shoot! My apologies for saying top right in my original post. The target icon is indeed at the top left and I just mistyped. Hope you're on the right (left? :grin:) track now.

Ok, finally figured out what you are talking about. My "target" thingie is upper LEFT corner.

Oh, shoot! My apologies for saying top right in my original post. The target icon is indeed at the top left and I just mistyped. Hope you're on the right (left? :grin:) track now.

lol I am. Too bad ipad just too big to carry around. ;)