South Western Oregon - North Western California Trip.

Logscaler and Red

Just wanted to throw out a blanket thanks for the folks from Union Creek Oregon to Crescent City California back up to Coos Bay Oregon for all the caches and a great weekend.

You will noticed we skipped over several as we will be back this summer and needed to leave some for later.. Besides, it was SNOWING and blowing and raining like mad and I melt so we did not get out and get wet a lot.

A couple note's I do need to make.

Could you guys go a little lighter on that old mold aroma ?? That stuff might be a turn on for you wet siders but us dry siders about passed out opening some of those containers. How do you get mold to grow inside an ammo can for crying out load ???

And as for that Posion Oak stuff, Do you guys have planting parties to spread that stuff around ?? You need to find someone to buy it and harvest it as a crop.

Anyway, thanks for a good time and we will be back when things are drier.

logscaler and Red.

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

Could you guys go a little lighter on that old mold aroma ?? That stuff might be a turn on for you wet siders but us dry siders about passed out opening some of those containers. How do you get mold to grow inside an ammo can for crying out load ???

And as for that Posion Oak stuff, Do you guys have planting parties to spread that stuff around ?? You need to find someone to buy it and harvest it as a crop.

We, too, have noticed these characteristics of west-side caches. In several cases I actually had to wash my hands after handling cache contents to get the moldy smell off! And we have abandoned some hunts because the areas were infested with poison oak.

Two reasons we moved to high & dry Central Oregon is that I am allergic to mold and my wife is allergic to poison oak. If cachers would be more careful with their hides it would be greatly appreciated.

One wonderful cache owner (I forget which one) had a package of desiccant in the box--that's a great idea and should be standard for wet-side caches! Other thoughtful owners have written descriptions that pointed out the poison oak near the cache but gave sufficient hints so as to avoid it.

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

Of course since poison oak seems to offend you dry siders we won't introduce you to the Poison Oak Queen at the POFestival held in Butte Falls this summer.

Well, sure, that was the before shot. Here's what she looked like after the cache hunt:

poison-oak-woman.jpg

Logscaler... I want to thank you for your astute and comprehensive reviews of our Northwestern Coastal California caches! Too bad I haven't been paying attention to the forums lately. Had I known you were coming this way I'd have offered to take you and Red to pizza!

RedwoodRed - The GeoGadgets Team (semi-retired)

How much red would a redwood red if a redwood could red wood?