Waymark Grid assistance

I just went through the topics for Waymarking to see if this was addressed and could not locate a topic discussing this. I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I like to get waymarks that I haven't found when traveling. I find it hard to tell sometimes whether I have found a waymark in a category due to the 200 mile limit in the search. I stared an excel spreadsheet noting the Column and Row coordinates and whether I have found one in that category or not. For example, A1 = the category "Blogging".

There are just a few more that I cannot locate on the Waymarking grid and hope someone can tell me where they are on the grid.

Seattle Art and Seek

Wavy Places

I'd really like to see the Column and Row listed somewhere on Waymarking.com, possibly on the category page.

Also, in my wandering, I found a non-user category called "Yard Art Silhouettes" without any sub categories. Can someone tell me more about why this one exists?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Edited by ILuvAZ

I just went through the topics for Waymarking to see if this was addressed and could not locate a topic discussing this. I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I like to get waymarks that I haven't found when traveling. I find it hard to tell sometimes whether I have found a waymark in a category due to the 200 mile limit in the search. I stared an excel spreadsheet noting the Column and Row coordinates and whether I have found one in that category or not. For example, A1 = the category "Blogging".

There are just a few more that I cannot locate on the Waymarking grid and hope someone can tell me where they are on the grid.

Seattle Art and Seek

Wavy Places

I'd really like to see the Column and Row listed somewhere on Waymarking.com, possibly on the category page.

Also, in my wandering, I found a non-user category called "Yard Art Silhouettes" without any sub categories. Can someone tell me more about why this one exists?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I created a list a while ago: list of categories thread

It is not up to date, the last two or three lines are missing and sometimes the position of icon do shift a bit, but it can still be a starting point.

"Wavy Places" is on 15S. "Seattle Art and Seek" was intentionally excluded from the grid.

"Yard Art Silhouettes" is a bug, this category was never approved and still appears in some lists, but not on the grid. The appropriate real category for these objects is Silhouette Public Art Sculptures

I like to get waymarks that I haven't found when traveling. I find it hard to tell sometimes whether I have found a waymark in a category due to the 200 mile limit in the search....

Sorry, but I don't understand the problem. If for example I see a list of waymarks and one of them is in the category "X" and I want to know, if I have ever found a waymark of that category, I click on the category name (below the waymark name). This brings up all the waymarks in this category and then I open the "Search Criteria" and activate the radio button "Waymarks I've Visited". That's quite easy and the 200 mile limit doesn't apply.

If I totally misunderstood your problem, please ignore me. :-)

I created a list a while ago: list of categories thread

It is not up to date, the last two or three lines are missing and sometimes the position of icon do shift a bit, but it can still be a starting point.

"Wavy Places" is on 15S. "Seattle Art and Seek" was intentionally excluded from the grid.

"Yard Art Silhouettes" is a bug, this category was never approved and still appears in some lists, but not on the grid. The appropriate real category for these objects is Silhouette Public Art Sculptures

Thanks!! Is there a reason why Seattle Art and Seek was excluded? I knew a list existed but could not find it in the pinned lists.

I like to get waymarks that I haven't found when traveling. I find it hard to tell sometimes whether I have found a waymark in a category due to the 200 mile limit in the search....

Sorry, but I don't understand the problem. If for example I see a list of waymarks and one of them is in the category "X" and I want to know, if I have ever found a waymark of that category, I click on the category name (below the waymark name). This brings up all the waymarks in this category and then I open the "Search Criteria" and activate the radio button "Waymarks I've Visited". That's quite easy and the 200 mile limit doesn't apply.

If I totally misunderstood your problem, please ignore me. :-)

I didn't realize I could use this option. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks!! Is there a reason why Seattle Art and Seek was excluded? I knew a list existed but could not find it in the pinned lists.

I did not find an official statement and it was before I knew about Waymarking, but this category was created by Groundspeak and the Seattle Mayor’s Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs as part of a contest with a limited timespan and (of course) a very limited geographical distribution. All officers are either Groundspeak lackeys or employees of the city administration.

Sounds like enough reasons for a special treatment regarding the grid.