Ractivating a lost but found trackable

gnarkilljboy

I had placed a trackable a year ago, but the person that found it, never marked it as placed at the next cache. I tried contacting the person, but they never responded, so I marked it as missing.

Another cacher recently found it and contacted me about it, as it wasn't active. Is it possible to reactivate it, so we can send it on it's way, or is it lost forever?

I had placed a trackable a year ago, but the person that found it, never marked it as placed at the next cache. I tried contacting the person, but they never responded, so I marked it as missing.

Another cacher recently found it and contacted me about it, as it wasn't active. Is it possible to reactivate it, so we can send it on it's way, or is it lost forever?

If someone marked the item missing, a finder may log "Grab it from somewhere else". Then it will be in that person's Inventory and returned to play, ready to be dropped into a cache.

The question is kind of confusing. None of your Trackables are marked missing. Has the problem been corrected?

Edited by kunarion

Yes, I updated the Jimmy cache.i had bought a replacement tag, and made up a new page for it, because I had thought that it was gone for good.

When someone replied to it as found, but not matching the new one, I was confused, as I had not placed the replacement yet. I asked the cacher to send me a picture of the trackable, and it turned out to be the missing one.

I had the same question. One of my trackables has gone missing and I want to "mark as missing" so it will stop displaying in the cache it used to be in. However, I'm planning to obtain & release a replacement in the not-too-distant future. Will I be able to "reactivate" the trackable at that time, "grab" it, and release it somewhere else (in another cache)? I don't want to "mark as missing" if it prevents me from making it active again in the future. Thanks.

I had the same question. One of my trackables has gone missing and I want to "mark as missing" so it will stop displaying in the cache it used to be in. However, I'm planning to obtain & release a replacement in the not-too-distant future. Will I be able to "reactivate" the trackable at that time, "grab" it, and release it somewhere else (in another cache)? I don't want to "mark as missing" if it prevents me from making it active again in the future. Thanks.

Sure, mark it missing for now if you'd like. :)

Later, if the trackable's found (or you send out a replacement), it can be grabbed and placed in the correct spot, with mileage even calculated from it's previous location.

For reference, see this link, Mark Missing from the Help Center.