All set for Champoeg

MattandLaura

Glad you are looking forward to it! Have you thought about the cache placement for your team? Any ideas for a theme, location, etc.? Don't mean to pressure you at all but just want to get others excited enough to come!

As for gloves I know Oregone is bringing extra! I'll need large ones, myself.

quote:
Originally posted by Maps-R-Us:

That's right, fractal! By the way, how many folks are crashing in the Yurt with you?

And where did you get the screaming head picture?!

Not sure how many others will be in the yurt... I'm trying to see if I can get someone to come along with me, but she has yet to give me an answer icon_rolleyes.gif

So.. It may just be me.. With room for a few others.. as long as you don't snore icon_wink.gif

Screaming head... Have you ever seen the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall ? It's from that... Not my favorite movie (has some cool stuff though), but my favorite band.

-fractal

quote:

That's right, fractal! By the way, how many folks are crashing in the Yurt with you?

And where did you get the screaming head picture?!

Not sure how many others will be in the yurt... I'm trying to see if I can get someone to come along with me, but she has yet to give me an answer icon_rolleyes.gif

So.. It may just be me.. With room for a few others.. as long as you don't snore icon_wink.gif

Screaming head... Have you ever seen the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall ? It's from that... Not my favorite movie (has some cool stuff though), but my favorite band.

-fractal

I have been giving some thought about it. I will be out there Friday to scout the area for placement. I do have one question. Do I need to bring a container for the cache? As far as a them goes I will post another topic to get ideas from my teammates.

quote:

Glad you are looking forward to it! Have you thought about the cache placement for your team? Any ideas for a theme, location, etc.? Don't mean to pressure you at all but just want to get others excited enough to come!

As for gloves I know Oregone is bringing extra! I'll need large ones, myself.

geosigbuscard.jpg

as with most things in my life, i probably won't start setting any concrete plans for this until the night before. but i am bringing 10 pairs of leather gloves, two full cases of OPA (or something similar, depending what's available at the dock), and maybe a coffee grinder. i'll also have a tent for lauren and me if anyone wants to let us camp out at their site. If not, we may just sleep in the boat.

at any rate, it would be kind of fun to know what kind of food people are bringing. I keep thinking about that one episode of northern exposure where everyone brought lasagne for some reason.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

Firewood.. Check. Gloves.. Check. Random Food item.. check. As for the group cache placement, I ran into trouble with my original container (too long to explain here). Good thing I have a backup! Whew.

I am almost finished with my other group cache "THE APPARATUS". Just have to connect a couple rats to the nerve generators and...

Ahh... Nevermind. icon_biggrin.gif

Its as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you..

Firewood.. Check. Gloves.. Check. Random Food item.. check. As for the group cache placement, I ran into trouble with my original container (too long to explain here). Good thing I have a backup! Whew.

I am almost finished with my other group cache "THE APPARATUS". Just have to connect a couple rats to the nerve generators and...

Ahh... Nevermind. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
I will be out there Friday to scout the area for placement.

The east end of the park (Matt's side) should have more stashing locations than the west end (Soup's side). The park staff was concerned that no digging would take place. I assured them that buried caches are not a part of our plan, just tastefully hidden.

Skooter

I talked my bro into letting me use his gps for another week or so.

Since I did my raid on Salem yesterday. I am now at 95 finds.

I am slowing down my geocaching for the next week as I have a ton of stuff to do at home. So I will be finding 4 more cache's during the next week so I can join the century club at Champoeg state park.

I was working on having some jello wrestling with the swedish bikini team but I decided that jello is too fattening and nobody would like it. So I guess I will just bring myself...

Does anyone know if they allow pets at this park...I would love to bring Bailey the Geopooch

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Ranger & Tonto:

How do you make or need camping reservations for Saturday night? Tonto

I'm not sure there's anything left, but here is the site for reservations.

If that doesn't work, then i know the North Wilsonville Super 8 pretty well.

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

quote:
Originally posted by slinger91:

Hope it's not too late to say I'm coming. I wasn't sure if i'd be able to make it so I stayed off this forum topic. And I also just got back from Reno. If any one needs anything just let me know.

No, it isn't too late to say you are coming! It may be too late to get a campsite but the event is open to all who are willing to help with either the ivy pulling project or some other way contribute to the event. We need everyone to bring food to share, whatever you want to bring- one dish, two, three, whatever. Bring your own beverages of choice and bring cache materials to include in the caches we will be placing to commemorate the event. Also bring your favorite cache stories to share, any Travel Bugs you want to pass off, photos, etc.

If someone wants to bring a barbecue for everyone to use, that would be great! Want to help with a treasure hunt for kids? Not sure how many kids will be there but if we have some, that would be fun, too.

SO, the more the merrier and lets hope for sunshine.

Like M&L said.. I too have a masterpiece ready for some cachin action. It is of similar size to M&L's, but I imagine we have camoflauged it differently. Howz about my team of cachers bringing things (strange, weird, fun) they think the other team might a get a chuckle.

Thanks for taking the lead on the cache hiding. Hopefully the park is big enough for two good hiding spots and the cache containers big enough for what everyone brings to put in them!

If we have extra stuff we can make "Child of the Rendezvous" caches to go elsewhere! We are going to have a cache log for the event so bring cards, stamps, etc. for that as well.

Looking forward to working with you on all this!

I know you are all out there having tons of fun, and you probably don't or won't care that those of us too far away and couldn't make it are curious... but we are!

Post (fractal?) and let us know how things are going/progressing/panning out... keep us up-to-date.

Enjoy yourselves! Hope the weather is nice for you!

----------

Lori aka: RedwoodRed

KF6VFI

"I don't get lost, I investigate alternative destinations."

GeoGadgets Team Website

Comics, Video Games and Movie Fansite

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is." - Yoda, Jedi Master from Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

Some of the crowd is still out there having fun.

I didn't get to camp-out, but I can't wait to hear the stories about what happens when the sun goes down....

My kids, my mom and I all had a great time meeting everyone - even Tonto and Lone Ranger made it from K-Falls and the Misguided-ones from up north in Auburn.

I thought maybe we'd go to the park, pull a little ivy, have lunch and leave - 2-3 hours max. We were there wayyyyy past nap time and left after about 7 hours of chatting, cache making and hunting and generally having a good time. Keep checking the cache page as those who camped out start to log their visits. Can't wait to hear about Soup's Apparatus cache!