Wherigo and Earth Cache -- Is This Allowed

Spliffa

A park close to my house is in dire need of an Earth cache, and I'd love to use that park to place my first Earth cache. Additionally, the park has a self-guided walking tour of a geology trail. However, the park no longer has the soft copy of the tour, and they only have a few books left. I'd like to take their book, type it up for them, and also offer it as a Wherigo cache. So, my question is, can I use the Wherigo to offer the same self-guided tour of the geology trail, as well as having an Earth cache based on the trail? I don't believe this would violate the cache saturation rules, but I also haven't been able to find an answer by combing the site's rules and guidelines. I understand the Earth cache wouldn't have a physical cache and that the Wherigo would. (I also plan on placing a few regular caches at the park, but I know the rules regarding those.)

Thank you!

A park close to my house is in dire need of an Earth cache, and I'd love to use that park to place my first Earth cache. Additionally, the park has a self-guided walking tour of a geology trail. However, the park no longer has the soft copy of the tour, and they only have a few books left. I'd like to take their book, type it up for them, and also offer it as a Wherigo cache. So, my question is, can I use the Wherigo to offer the same self-guided tour of the geology trail, as well as having an Earth cache based on the trail? I don't believe this would violate the cache saturation rules, but I also haven't been able to find an answer by combing the site's rules and guidelines. I understand the Earth cache wouldn't have a physical cache and that the Wherigo would. (I also plan on placing a few regular caches at the park, but I know the rules regarding those.)

Thank you!

Physical proximity, no. Topic proximity, maybe. If your Wherigo cache covers the same topic as your Earthcache, you might run into some issues during the Review process (YMMV):

Relevant portion of Guideline:

EarthCaches that duplicate existing EarthCaches or related sites may be rejected.

Link for reference:

http://community.geosociety.org/earthcache/guidelines/guidelines2

Thank you for the reply BlueRajah. The EarthCache will not require a Wherigo cartridge. The idea is that the Wherigo cartridge will accompany / replace the park's self-guided tour book, while the EarthCache would focus more on the geological aspect of the trail, as well as incorporating geological information not included in the park's book or the Wherigo cartridge.